Search for content in message boards

Edward & Amy Ratliff - Chigley, OK

Edward & Amy Ratliff - Chigley, OK

Posted: 1351710452000
Classification: Query
While going through my gandmother's things I ran across an old photo. It is a photo of my great-great grandparents, Edward and Amy Ratliff. They ran the general store and post office in Chigley, Oklahoma in 1910. In the photo was also the dr.'s home, as well as some man (who I forgot to get the name of) who had his 2 mules with him.

I have never been able to find out where they are buried and wondered if anyone up that way could check records and find where they are buried and when they died. I know it was between 1910-1919 as they wer enot on the 1920 census, or not that I could find. I think that Amy could also be Emma but not for sure. My grandparents died a long time ago and we never got all this information from them.

Thank you for your kindness and assistance.

Re: Edward & Amy Ratliff - Chigley, OK

Posted: 1373820737000
Surnames: Edward And Amie Ratliff
I have an Edward and Amie Ann (Halbrooks) Ratliff in my family tree.

Can you give me more information to see if they are the same?
Teresa

Posted: 1373825268000
Hi there:

Edward B Ratliff - 8-18-1849 - died approx. January, 1916, unknown, do not know where he is buried

Amy Ann (Emma Ann on other census) Holbrook Ratliff - September 3, 1845 - died May, 1919

Their children, Martha, David Addaline, George Jefferson, William Joel, James K. Pol, Clayborn Benjamin, Sara, Mary Lou, Bettie, and Robert E. Lee.

George Jefferson atliff married Mary Josephine "Josie" Crisp. They had a daughter, Ottie Ann, who was my maternal grandmother.

Is this your family too?

Posted: 1373826852000
Yes Yes!! Mary Lou is my Great Great Grandmother!!! :) Daisy (Landers)Bowens,(Mary Lous daughter) is my great grandmother.

Do you have any stories or photos? I have nothing.Well the only things I have, I have collected from the internet and ancesrty.

Daisy died when my grandmother was under the age of 2years. Henry Clay and Mary Lou raised my grandmother. I have very little on her side of the family. I have no pictures of Daisy at all.

WOW!!
Teresa

Posted: 1410175319000
Surnames: Ratliff Halbrooks
Did you find information about Edward Ratliff and Amy Ann Halbrooks? I would love to have a digital copy of your photo. My great grandfather, Jesse Anderson Halbrooks was Amy's brother. I have quite a few Halbrooks if you would like digital copies, I would be glad to share and Halbrooks information.
David Bennett

Posted: 1410264109000
Hi there:

I have memorials for Edward and Amie on Find a Grave.

Edward Benjamin Ratliff - 100305591

Amie Ratliff - 100305623.

All the info I have for them is on their memorials.

If you want the photo either send me your e-mail through this or click on either of their memorials and leave a note with you e-mail address and I will send it to you.

Thanks!

Posted: 1410265412000
Thank you for responding! My email is dnb4183@gmail.com. You can find several Morgan County Alabama Halbrooks on my Ancestry Family tree. If you want digital copies, I can do that. Just let me know.

It is so interesting finding out what happened to Amy.
Thanks
David
per page

Find a board about a specific topic