Search for content in message boards

Standifer Ferguson

Standifer Ferguson

Pat (View posts)
Posted: 26 Jul 2000 12:00PM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: FERGUSON, STANDLEE, STANDLEY
I'm looking for verification (or at least a story!) of the death of John Standifer Ferguson and his nephew, Andrew Jackson Standlee or Standley, who were supposedly selling cattle in the area of Rogers, Benton Co, when as the story goes, they were caught by Quantrill's raiders and hanged on 11 or 12 January 1864. Standlee apparently lived in the area, having moved from MO, and Ferguson's home was in Barry Co, MO. Does anyone know any details about what happened? Where were they buried? Which is the corrent date?

Any help much appreciated!

Re: Standifer Ferguson

Posted: 10 Nov 2009 3:07AM GMT
Surnames: Ferguson, Lewellyn, Hamilton, Arnold
I too am descended from John Standifer Ferguson and Lucinda Lewellyn thru their son John Davis Ferguson and his son James Stanford Ferguson (my great grandfather). I have been to Rogers, Arkansas looking for clues to his death by hanging by Union Soldiers during the Civil War, to no avail. If anyone has solid information, please share it with everyone

Re: Standifer Ferguson

Posted: 10 May 2012 1:32PM GMT
I am a Standlee descendent, and recently learned of another member on the family tree. I have a Zerelda Matlock who through death and divorce was married several times. She was mother in law to Rachel L Standlee (b 1848 married to her son Absolum Gardenshire B 1845) and step-mother to Elizabeth Ferguson (per her marriage to James LeRoy Ferguson).

Can you tell me more of the relationship of Davis Ferguson to Andrew Jackson Standlee? I already have Andrew Jackson Standlee on my tree but I suspect there are more relationships than I am currently aware of.

Thanks

Klallman@gmail.com
per page

Find a board about a specific topic