Search for content in message boards

Arthur Edwin Henshaw, b. 14 Jul 1863, West Leicester, England

Arthur Edwin Henshaw, b. 14 Jul 1863, West Leicester, England

Posted: 1259385460000
Classification: Query
Surnames: Henshaw, Gee
Arthur Edwin Henshaw,son of Henry Henshaw (b.1840)and Jane Chester (b.1836) in Leicestershire England. He married Jemima Cox Wheat on 22 Dec 1884 in Leicester. He had two children with her: Percival Arthur(1885)and Verna Elizabeth (1887). He and Jemima parted ways in 1888 when she came to U.S. with the children. Do not know if they ever divorced. Seeking ANY information about his life after 1888; especially any evidence that he may have remarried and raised another family. Possible connection to surname "Gee". He may have owned or run a billiards parlor in Birmingham, Warwickshire, Eng.

Re: Arthur Edwin Henshaw, b. 14 Jul 1863, West Leicester, England

Posted: 1269034733000
Surnames: Wheat Henshaw Gee
I discovered a strange connection with Jemima Cox Wheat on the following site which identifies other spouses before Arthur.

http://www.tilleyenterprises.com/ged-H-tree/ghtout/gp189.htm

I too am trying to trace Arthur's whereabouts. I did find a 'Gee' connection but that is in the 1891 census of an Arthur Henshaw whose birth place is Gee (strange coincidence). Will contact you further if I find anything, would you do the same please?

Thanks a lot

Natalie

Posted: 1269040271000
Surnames: Henshaw Wheat Gee
Hi clicker

Well no sooner have I messaged you I find a connection in Genes reunited with Sandra Bullough. She has Arthur Henshaw b 1863 Leicester married to an Ethel Hodgson in 1904 in Kingston upon Thames in Surrey. In the 1911 census she is shown as a widow with a 5 yr old son Athos living at 55 Cromwell Road Wimbledon. This confirms it for me as Arthur's name is shown as Edwin Athos Henshaw from another contact's tree on MyHeritage.com.

I hope this helps

Please do not hesitate to contact me further

Regards

Natalie

Posted: 1300126362000
Hello,

I have sent you a message regarding Marie Elizabeth Jensdatter. I just want to make sure you have received it. Thank you, Oleah oleah@msn.com.
per page

Find a board about a specific topic