Search for content in message boards

Rethmeyer/Blackburn

Rethmeyer/Blackburn

Pattie Schultz (View posts)
Posted: 4 Aug 2001 12:09AM GMT
Classification: Query
Edited: 31 Jul 2003 7:13PM GMT
Surnames: Rethmeyer, Blackburn, Rethmeier
I am looking for information on the marriage of Julia W. Rethmeyer (Rethmeier) to J. C. Blackburn in 1904. The only other information I have is that it occured in Kansas.

Julia was probably the daughter of Mary Rethmeier and the step-daughter of Henry Rethmeier of Minden Nebraska. Henry was born in Barrington Illinois (Cook County) the son of Fred and Dorothy Rethmeier.

Any help would be appreciated.

Re: Rethmeyer/Blackburn

Posted: 2 May 2002 10:45PM GMT
Surnames: Rethmeyer, Redmyer, Rethmeier, Retmier
Hi!
I don't have specific info on Julia for you, but I can't help wonder if our family trees aren't connected on some branch :) I'm researching Rethmeyer (many variations) who came over from around Frille in NordRhein-Westfallen, Germany, which is near a town called "Minden". (There may also be some from Strousburg - not sure of the spelling)
My branch of the family settled in and around Cumberland, Indiana (near Indianapolis, Marion County). There are several generations of men in this line with given names of "Christian Frederick" in all it's variations.
I think some of the relatives moved into Illinois and from there I'm not sure.
Does any of this fit with your ancestors?
I'd be glad to share any info I have!
Kindest regards,
Jody (Redmyer) Waltzer

Posted: 27 May 2010 8:40PM GMT
Surnames: REDMIRE,REDMEIR
I AM SEARCHING FOR RELATIVES FOR MY HUSBAND--HUBERT RETHMEIER--BORN 12-03-1947
HIS FATHER--HUBERT RETHMEIER--04/14/1915
HIS FATHER--EDWARD C RETHMEIER--BORN 1883
HIS FATHER--CHRISTIAN W. RETHMEIER--1852 BORN

HOWEVER, I THINK CHRISTIAN'S SPELLING OF HIS LAST NAMES WAS CHANGED DIFFERENT TIMES WITH CENSUSES IN 1870 AND 1880
TO POSSIBLE REDMEIR AND REDMIRE I TRYING TO CONFIRM THIS IS THE SAME CHRISTIAN

Posted: 11 May 2011 1:58AM GMT
This is in regards to any information that you have on Christian Rethmeier/Redmire. I know his father was Christian also. His father was Charles. I know one Christian served in the civil war
per page

Find a board about a specific topic