Search for content in message boards

genealogy

genealogy

Dorothy Samsel (View posts)
Posted: 14 Nov 1999 12:00PM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: HUDAK, FERYO, SAJNA, OLACH
family lived in Palin, Slovakia,in Zemplin County.

Change of email address

Posted: 4 Apr 2000 12:00PM GMT
Edited: 25 Jun 2001 2:32AM GMT
Surnames: Hudak, Ferjo, Sajna, Olach
I am researching the names of Hudak, Ferjo,Sajna and Olach,from Palin,Uz, Slovakia and Michalovce,Slovakia

hudak family tree

Posted: 20 Jun 2000 12:00PM GMT
Edited: 22 Jun 2001 7:40PM GMT
Surnames: Hudak, Ondo, Shapalak, Armstrong
hello my great grand mother was Anna Mary Hudak. she was the daughter of John Hudak and Elezabeth Shapalak. I believe the she was from Michaelovitz, czechoslavakia.

When she came to the united states she worked for a family named the armstrongs in pa some where and then she married
Michael Ondo and lived in Ford city pa

any information on you Hudak Family line would be most greatful.

thank you Karen

Hudak family tree

Posted: 26 Jun 2000 12:00PM GMT
Edited: 25 Jun 2001 2:32AM GMT
Surnames: Hudak, Ferjo, Samsel

Hi Karen,
Got some new info last week.
Michael Hudak Sr. ,resided in Jastreb,Hungary,until 1897(don`t know the village name in Slovakia,Jastreb is not in the Gazeeter). Anna (Annie) Ferjo married Michael Sr. some time before1902, in Pa or In.They Had a son Michael Jr.,born in 1902 in Rankin,Pa, and was baptised in St. Michael`s (Slovak/Catholic) Church. Anna & son returned to Slovakia, in 1903,and resided in Inacovce,Kosicka Zupa,CZ. Michael married abt. 1923,and resided in Palin, CZ,until he returned to the U.S. in 1930. I know there was family in both PA & IN.
But have no clues as to who in PA.
Have a lot to work on!
Dorothy Hudak Samsel

Re: Hudak family tree

Posted: 23 Jun 2002 9:38PM GMT
Surnames: Hudak, Ferjo, Ferko
Hi dorothy. i know it's been a while since you've posted your message but i've started doing my family tree and just recently realized there are hudak's in my line. i saw that you mentioned anna ferjo. my great great grandmother was anna hudak...she married michael ferko. i know there are a couple different version of the ferko spelling. i'm wondering if this could be the same anna. my anna also had a son named michael born in 1904, along with other children (mary, john, steven, and susan). let me know if you think there could be any connections. thanks!!

tricia

Posted: 24 Jun 2002 2:39AM GMT
Edited: 21 Aug 2002 4:14PM GMT
Hi Tricia,
There may be a connection --but more research is needed.
I have a G Aunt, Anna Hudak, who was born in 1881as a R. Cath. in Jezstreb. I have no data on her marriage to date. Perhaps the surname Ferko is a lead. I`ve come across the Ferko name often. Do you have any place names that may be of some help?
Contact me at <casunbirds@earthlink.net>.
Dorothy

Barbara (View posts)
Posted: 5 Oct 2002 8:53PM GMT
Hi,

Where was this Ferko family? I am searching for a Drevjanka family, from Palin; Anna Drevjanka married a Ferko. They lived near Philadelphia, PA.

Thanks -

family tree

Posted: 24 Jun 2004 2:03AM GMT
I am interested in your email regarding Anna DrevjankaRe: Hudak . My grandmother, Anna Drevjanka was grandmother who lived in Palin. My grandfather was Michael Drevjanka. Iam going to Slovakia in July and want to visit Palin and find relatives. Could there be some connection to our families?
My grandmother immigrated to the USA in 1926 with my mother and they lived in Gallitizin, Pa. for a while.
Please reply to: dpasierb@sbcglobal.net or Dolores Pasierb, Norman,OK 405-321-0849
Wishing for the best....

Re: HUDAK, S'EPELAK, ONDO in Michalovce

Posted: 28 Mar 2008 3:06AM GMT
Surnames: Hudak, Sepelak, Ondo
Karen

Michaelovitz (sp?) is Michalovce, Zemplin region, Slovak Republic.
www.michalovce.sk
HUDAK and S'EPEL'AK in Michalovce's phone book. www.zoznamst.sk

Posted: 23 Jan 2012 8:12PM GMT
Edited: 23 Jan 2012 8:22PM GMT
Surnames: (drevjanka,anna) married a ferko
First off:silcoxfour@comcast.net is my reply.
I have much to tell any one looking for ferko,anna (drevjanka).This was my great aunt. Sister to my grandmother: zuzanna adam(drevjanka)who married Michal Adam. Both were from Palin.(she was 24 when she left with her son, Michal age 3,they left Palin 1924.my grandfather who left Palin 1928, he was 29was coming to meet my grandmother and his son) Also his mother in law (drevjanka)
We lived in Mont Clare, Pa.(rIGHT WHERE sT. mICHAEL'S SLOVAK/CATHOLIC cHURCH was) Since I saw your msg from 2002, Ihave been cying my eye's out!!I have been serching for my family for a while! I have been up to St.Michael's cemetary visiting all of our family's grave's. My great aunt anna ferko(drevjanka) and michael drevjanko were sponsors to my mother Anna Adam's baptism 7/5/1925, and Michael Drevjanka was my mothers witness to her wedding.
per page

Find a board about a specific topic