Posted: 4 Jan 2001 9:51PM GMT
Looking for any info on Fred Reynolds B:1-15-1904/D:12-26-1961
Vivia Mossman B:6-29-1882
Rose Emily Bertelmann B:7-3-1916/D:12-31-1973

Mahalo
Jillie Bean
Posted: 9 Jan 2001 3:19PM GMT
Edited: 5 Jul 2001 10:48PM GMT
There is a Viva Mossman that is in the 1900-10 Hawaii Census,she was in Honolulu,Oahu.

Mossman

Jillie Bean (View posts)
Posted: 9 Jan 2001 8:31PM GMT
Thank you.. I will check it out!!!!

Jillie Bean
Posted: 10 Jan 2001 12:48PM GMT
Edited: 5 Jul 2001 10:48PM GMT
Your welcome,Was she married to a Bertelmann?

Mossman

Jillie Bean (View posts)
Posted: 10 Jan 2001 1:29PM GMT
Yes, she was married to my great grandfather
Christian Bertelmann. I have tons of info on him, but, not much on her. I guess it's just the way it goes!!!

Jillie

Re: Mossman

Posted: 24 Jun 2001 5:45PM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: Mossman, Bertlemann
Jillie:

I have an Evangeline Bertlemann, married to Henry Clarence Mossman. Henry was at one time a senator from Maui county, and he died in a Honolulu hotel during a session of legislator of a heart attack. This was on March 1, 1929.

Evangeline was born and died in Hawaii and was buried in Honolulu. I do not have the dates, but Henry Clarence was born October 25, 1876, and according to information I have from his sister, he was married twice, but I do not have information on the second wife. If you think there is a connection, you can contact me directly at suesankennard@hotmail.com.

Hope this helps.
Suesan Kennard
Troy, Ohio

Re: Mossman & Bertlemann/Bertelmann

Posted: 6 Mar 2003 6:31AM GMT
I have Susan Bertlemann, born about 1849, Kauai, dau. of Charles Titcomb. 1910 census shows grandchildren Eva & Chris/Christopher Mossman living with her.
Who was her husband?
One daughter, Helen or Helene Bertlemann, is said to have had 2 children, possibly by a man named "Smith". One of which was George Naoiokalani Titcomb, born 1906 in Honolulu, but raised hanai by John Hanohano family in Haena or Hanalei, Kauai. John's wife was May Titcomb, daughter of George Rufus Titcomb(brother of Susan Titcomb Bertlemann above), who is named by George Naoiokalani Titcomb as his father, and Helene Bertlemann his mother, on his 1936 Social Security application.
Helene Bertlemann married Joseph Cockett about 1907.
They are also living with Susan Titcomb Bertlemann on 1910 Honolulu census.
Do you have full names including Hawaiian for all of the above?? Dates of birth,death,where,etc???- Mahalo!

Posted: 1 Aug 2004 6:09PM GMT
I am also researching this line - did you ever find out any more information?

Re: Mossman

Posted: 27 Oct 2007 9:10PM GMT
Surnames: Bertelmann
I also am a descendant of Christian Heinrich Bertelmann though his on Charles Franz (Frank) Bertelmann. I would like to share what information I have and see what others have. I recently discovered information on the family in Germany which I am working on to fully confirm.

Posted: 12 Sep 2008 5:16PM GMT
Surnames: Bertelmann
Do you know the name of the other child? By the man possibly "Smith".
per page

Find a board about a specific topic