Search for content in message boards

Dennis MOFFITT

Dennis MOFFITT

Posted: 4 Feb 2004 1:35AM GMT
Classification: Query
Edited: 26 Nov 2006 4:27AM GMT
Bryan, that's the same family. WCM is buried behind a barn on what I believe was his property. There are several small rocks: M.D.M. [Marshall] 1863; J.T.M.[John] 1864; E.M. 1873; W. M. [William] 1884; A.M. [Alitha] 1866. The 1850 census shows William MOFFITT, 60, Alitha, 55, Marshall D., 21, Delphina 18, John T., 16, Ruth E., 18. This property was Clint CAVINESS who died a few years back and was a descendent of Hannah Vann MOFITT, b. 1874 who md. Zebulan Vance CAVINESS. There is another MOFFITT with this family members buried there and it is,t too awfully far from the smaller site. Wm. C. MOFFITT md. Minty HICKS, d/o Larkin B. and Sarah WELCH HICKS of Chatham County, NC. Minty was Araminta Carolina or Caroline Araminta. I have her death certificate which shows her parents names and descendents knew her as Minty. This is from some of my 9 Feb 1985 notes from visits with Clint and his sister Cladie CAVINESS CAIN.

Re: Dennis MOFFITT

Posted: 21 Feb 2012 5:43AM GMT
hi,
I am looking for the location of this cemetery. can you help?
I would also like to know about the other cemetery you spoke of in your message.
Thank you SO much!

Posted: 21 Feb 2012 5:45AM GMT
is this cemetery in Randolph or Chatham County, N.C.?

Posted: 21 Feb 2012 2:12PM GMT
Moffitt Cem. directions: From Coleridge on Hwy.42-22 go south . Take Log Cabin Rd. to Clint Caviness Rd, a ttl of 2.5 miles from Hwy. 42-22. David Cain lives at 6142 Log Cabin Rd., Ramseur, NC. He can point you to the cem which is on the property of Henderson Fostery, Asheboro, NC. It's been prob. 20 years since I was there so I do not know the cemeteries condition.
The other smaller one is at 6012 Clint Caviness Rd, 1.9 miles south of Hwy 42-22. When I was there Ricky Upchurch owned the property. Follow the driveway beside the house less than .1 mile. It is on the right side of the lane, behind the barn.
Ramseur is about 8 miles east of Asheboro.
I do not know if this area is known to harbor snakes or not, so if you go be prepared if the snakes are out.

While a member of the RCGS from 1995 until this year, I helped read and get 10 cemetery books for Randolph County completed. I and a friend also read most of Montgomery County and 6-8 townships of Moore County. We published one Moore County book which butts up to Randolph and Montgomery Counties which are Sheffield, Bensalem and Ritter Townships and is available for purchase. We also read Carthage, Greenwood and Deep River which I think we might still have some of on a disk. I read some cemeteries in Chatham County in the area around Brush Creek Bapt. church, Moon's Chapel, Edward's Hill Friends area; however, Chatham County has a 2 volumn set of their cemeteries, but it does miss some. We also read the Proximity Cem. in Greensboro, but have not done anything with that yet.
If I can be of further help, please feel free to contact me. Jocelyn Brabham Barrett
per page

Find a board about a specific topic