Search for content in message boards

Mizell Family Research

Mizell Family Research

Posted: 30 Aug 2000 12:00PM GMT
Classification: Query
Edited: 16 Aug 2001 6:30PM GMT
Surnames: Mizell, Whitmire
I am searching for information on the parents of my great grandfather. My great grandfather was William Griffin Mizell, 1883-1965. His father was Mathew Mizell 1854-1915. I beleive his mother was Julia Turner. I would appreciate any information you might have on this family. They lived in Coldsprings, San Jacinto Co. Texas.

Mizell family

Posted: 10 Oct 2000 12:00PM GMT
Surnames: Mizell
There are some more Mizell families living around Cleveland Tx. I believe it is on the edge of San Jacinto Co. in Montgomery Co. Check the Mizell postings in Family.com you might find something there.

Mizell family

I am sorry but the site that I meant for you to check is FamilyHistory.com They have a large number of postings on the Mizell family. You may find some from San Jacinto Co.

Mizell family

Barbara Gibson (View posts)
Trying to find parents of my ggrandfather William Hartison (Buck)Mizell who is believed to have moved to the Montgomery, Liberty, San Jacinto County area. My grandfather Alexander Augustus (Alex) Mizell lived in area several years. Grandfather's siblings included Bob Mizell, Mary Mizell, Ada Mizell, Reathie Mizell and Cordelia Mizell. Alex Mizell married Emma Elizabeth Duke. Their children included Lona Mizell, Clarence Mizell, Leonard Mizell, Roy Mizell, Pearlie Rose Mizell, Agnes Lorraine Mizell, Lillie Ronalee (Billie) Mizell, Margie Lee Dove Mizell and Nellie Mizell.

Re: Mizell Family Research

Posted: 13 Dec 2001 3:16PM GMT
Edited: 29 Jun 2002 6:18PM GMT
I am related to the Mizells through Sarah Mizell. I found there are many Mizells buried at Magnolia Cemetery. To get there from Evergreen on Hwy 945 So. go 6 mi. to Magnolia, East on a dirt road 3/4 of a mile to the Cemetery. Two names mentioned in your message: Emma E. b. 1/17/1855 d. 8/27/1923 at age 68 and a Loma, not Lona, is buried there but with no dates on her stone. I have a lot of material on the Mizells including some letters written from Wm. Mizell to his brother Griffin Mizell. William Mizell could speak Choctaw Indian.

John R. Mizell (View posts)
Posted: 25 Jan 2002 2:31AM GMT
I'm interested in any info. your have on the Mizell's in Texas.
My GGranfaher's brother Tom ,used to ride from Texas to Missisippi on houseback to visit his brother , and family .

http://www.angelfire.com/ut/geneology12/

Posted: 25 Jan 2002 11:20AM GMT
Edited: 29 Jun 2002 6:18PM GMT
Thanks for the data. Will get back to you when I have had a chance to read and absorb this. HMC J.L. Cooksey USN Ret.

Posted: 15 Dec 2002 7:56AM GMT
Not sure there is any connection here but I am seeking information on a Sarah Jane Mizell. She was born 19 Apr 1860 in Recklaw, Cherokee County Texas. She married a John Francis Elijah Phillips in Rusk County Texas. It is believed her father was named Tom Mizell. Does this fit in with any of the Mizell family you are researching?

Angela Phillips Benton
ang_benton@msn.com

Posted: 8 Jun 2009 11:22PM GMT
Surnames: Mizell-Whitmire
My great grandfather was Thomas Jefferson Mizell. He was Matthew Mizell's baby brother. I have a picture of William Griffin Mizell and his brother, John Wiley Mizell. I also have a picture of William Griffin Mizell's cabin in San Jacinto County, TX. Let me know if you would like copies of these pictures.

They all came to Texas from Louisiana around 1874 with John D. Mizell and Martha Jenkins Mizell, Matthew and Thomas' parents.

Thomas Jefferson Mizell married Mary Ann "Polly" Lilley. Her parents were Charity Ann Whitmire Lewis Lilley and James Allen Lilley, Sr. born around 1802.

Posted: 9 Jun 2009 10:15AM GMT
I would certainly like copies of the pictures.

I descend from Delphine Mizell (sister of Thomas Jefferson Mizell) and John Clinton Yeager.

William Griffin Mizell b.1883 married second Hazel Smith. She is my great aunt (daughter of Daniel Alexander Smith and Louretta Eldora Yeager.

Also William Griffin Mizell's mother was Julia Ann Turner. She is the daughte of Wiley Turner b.1818, GA. I also descend from Wiley's brother, Allen Eugene Turner b. 1812, GA.

Please e-mail me at DanRFranklin@yahoo.com

Dan
per page

Find a board about a specific topic