Search for content in message boards

Interested in Rootsmagic software

Interested in Rootsmagic software

Posted: 17 Dec 2011 4:23AM GMT
Classification: Query
I'm currently using FTM version 16 but am considering switching to Rootsmagic 5. I would appreciate feedback concerning that software. One of the reasons I am considering the switch is due to the inability of support for FTM 2006 with version 16 downloaded on a windows 7 64 bit laptop. I am told that is not a problem with Rootsmagic. I also like to create family history books and it seems that Rootsmagic also does that. I have downloaded the free version to check out but of course that one does not have the publishing ability. Any help appreciated.

Re: Interested in Rootsmagic software

Posted: 17 Dec 2011 4:42AM GMT
I made the switch from FTM to RootsMagic about a year ago and I won't ever go back. Everything is so easy in RootsMagic, and there are oodles of free webinars on their website that show you how to do everything (including publishing a family history). You can watch the webinar and see if it does what you need it to do and decide from there.

I, for one, highly recommend it.

Posted: 17 Dec 2011 7:07AM GMT
Edited: 17 Dec 2011 7:11AM GMT
I've been with Roots Magic since Version 3. I currently am using RootsMagic 4 and am considering upgrading to 5. 5 has just been released and I'm waiting to see what bugs it may have before I upgrade. I go here daily to check out what's happening: http://forums.rootsmagic.com/?
I chose RootsMagic because of ease of use, its many reports and the Shareable CD you can create to give your family...
Ron

BTW I am using a Dell Windows 7 64-bit Desktop computer and often use flash sticks and DVD's to save my data.

Posted: 18 Dec 2011 11:50AM GMT
I made the switch about a year or so ago. I got sick of FTMs problems and how long it took to make reports and such. I much prefer it to FTM 2008-2011, all of I bought. There are a ton of reports, all of which are fast to create. They are also fast to respond to messages on their website at least, I've never emailed them so can't say about that. I'm glad I made the switch.
per page

Find a board about a specific topic