Search for content in message boards

GAUNT/BELLEW

Posted: 8 Jan 2003 2:19AM GMT
Classification: Query
Edited: 12 Jan 2003 12:54AM GMT
Surnames: GAUNT/ BELLEW
This msg is in ref to Janet-Aunt Williams' posted msg of 29 Sep 2000; Robert Leishman's posted msg of 23 Nov 1999; Donna Hocking's msg of 24 Oct 1999 (also I printed out the Olive Hill Cemetery Listing of Details of Grave Sites). I believe the Isabelle BELLEW in the above msgs is my ggm's (Latisha BELLEW SMITH) sister. Do you have any more info on Wm Henry GAUNT and his wife Isabelle - date of marriage, children (in addition to John A.), etc.? I've my gm photo album (my only source for begining by research of the BELLEW/SMITH line. Some of the photos were taken by W. H. GAUNT, Photographic Artist, Camp Point, Illinois. Do you think this could be Wm. Henry GAUNT? I've a picture of Isabelle (BELLEW) GAUNT and on the opposite page is a picture with the handwritten title of Wm. GAUNT. Could this be the Wm. Henry GAUNT in you family line?

If you think this is your GAUNT would you like a copy of Wm's and Isabelle's picture - if you don't already have one.

Any additional dates and names that you can provide will be most appreciated before I start searching the Natl Archives here in Denver. Thank you, Shirley

Re: GAUNT/BELLEW

Posted: 18 Jan 2003 2:55PM GMT
Edited: 8 Jun 2003 10:06PM GMT
Surnames: Gaunt, Bellew
This message is for Shirley in regard to questions abt. William Henry and Isabella (Bellew) Gaunt. I am the GGGGrandaughter of William Henry and Isabella. I have information abt. William Henry and Isabella. If you are interested I would be glad to share what I have. You may contact me at my e-mail address blonde4baseball1@aol.com.

Thank you, Carol

Posted: 19 Mar 2003 3:59AM GMT
Shirley, I am also related to Josiah and Isabella Bellew Gaunt. I don't know how much information Carol gave you, but if their is anything I can fill in for you, I would be happy to help out. Carol has copies of some of my paper. (Since we are cousins and live somewhat close, we share.) Latisha Bellew Smith died of consumption at the residence of her brother Jadiah Bellew, May 6, 1879--age 36 years. She was a member of the Christian Church and a faithful fallower of the Master and during her sickness, almost a year, she never heard a murmur a complant. She leaves 2 children, orphans, for she goes to join her husband in that spirit land. may the Lord be with them n this sore afflication. Her remains were taken to Camp Point, where she formerly resided bor burial. Adrian, ILL.--William and Isabella named a daughter Mary Latisha Gaunt that died March 23rd, 1866 age 1 year-5months-26 days. I do know where she was buried. she is buried in the Pleasant View Cemetery in Camp Point, ILL. That is all I have on her.

Shirley (View posts)
Posted: 20 Mar 2003 1:30AM GMT
Surnames: BELLEW-GAUNT
Carol - thanks so much for the information!!! First, Latisha Bellew Smith was my ggm. I did know that Mary Latisha Smith, my gm, and her brother William Smith were orphans and that they went to live with an aunt and uncle -- and thanks to you I can put a name to the aunt and uncle (Isabella and William). However, the family thought that both of their parents were killed in a buggy accident. So you see how valuable your information is to me - - as to how and when Latisha Bellew Smith died and where she is buried. There is a possibility that their father, William Henry Smith was killed in a buggy accident and at this point I'm just guessing that there is a very good possibility that he is buried at Camp Point too.

Thanks again, your info is a big step for me when I start researching the Bellew-Smith family of Camp Point.

Shirley (View posts)
Posted: 20 Mar 2003 4:03AM GMT
Surnames: BELLEW/GAUNT
Janet - I was just going over your e-mail more carefully and realized I jumped to a conclusion that wasn't even in your msg, i. e., that Mary and Wm Smith (the orphans) lived w/Isabelle and Wm Gaunt. Now I think they possibly were wards of their Uncle Jadiah (I've a photo of him and your e-mail has helped me put him in the right place in relation to of Mary Bellew Smith).

Posted: 10 Jul 2011 5:53AM GMT
Shirley, do you still have the picture of William and Isabella with the 3 young boys that might have been a ward of Jadiah and Mary Latisha? I would love to have a copy.
per page

Find a board about a specific topic