Search for content in message boards

Minerva Gillet in Albion Poorhouse

Minerva Gillet in Albion Poorhouse

Posted: 31 Jan 1999 12:00PM GMT
Classification: Query
Edited: 16 Jan 2002 11:18AM GMT
Surnames: Gillet, Skinner, Carr
William H. Gillet shows up in the 1850 census living with Miles Gillet and his family (Miles's wife was Tryphena CARR). They are next door to Jarvis and Mary Skinner in Barre, Orleans Co., NY. William would marry Susan Skinner, daughter of Jarvis and Mary in 1851 in Eagle Harbor.

Minerva Gillet is listed in the 1850 as being in the poorhouse in Albion. I'm looking for any records which may exist for that facility. Also--here's a long shot--anyone on this list have or know of a great-great grandmother whose first name was "Minerva?"

parents of Tryphene Carr

CARR, J DOUGLAS (View posts)
Posted: 28 Sep 1999 12:00PM GMT
Surnames: Carr
I'm looking for the parents and grandparents of Tryphene Carr. Her brother, Orlando Hopkins Carr, is my decendant. The Carr family may have lived either in the county of Orleans or Ontario, New York. Their father may have been John Carr, from Knowlesville, Orleans,and their mother either Sally or Sarah, from Ontario County. Tryphene may have been born in Knowlesville.

Re: parents of Tryphene Carr

Posted: 22 Mar 2012 1:37AM GMT
Hi. Orlando Hopkins Carr is also one of my Ancestors. I have been digging through some information that my parents have (because my father recently passed away), and have quite a bit of information about the Carr family.

Triphena (Tryphene) Carr was born about 1820 in Knowlesville, Ontario, NY. She died in 1865.

I believe that her husband, Miles Gillet was born Feb. 1818, died Nov 12, 1853, and is buried in Orleans county New York in the Gregory Cemetery.

I have the will of Sarah Carr Ramour, her mother, listing all of her children. I would be happy to share if you would like.

I am working this line currently, so I am just getting to know it.

Let me know what type of info you might be interested in and I will see what I have.

Tara
per page

Find a board about a specific topic