Search for content in message boards

Ellen Breen, Walter Welch\Welsh, Patrick Breen Xenia, OH

Ellen Breen, Walter Welch\Welsh, Patrick Breen Xenia, OH

Posted: 1503708768000
Classification: Query
Ellen Breen married Walter Welch\Welsh on 2 May 1857. They had two known sons - James who died 1930 in farm accident and Daniel who died in 1926 of cerebral arteriosclerosis. I believe parents of Walter were James Welch\Welsh and Mary Mabry.

I have been unable to find information on Ellen Breen as to her parents, birth/death date.

There is a Patrick Breen living in Xenia, OH. Is he related to Ellen?

Patrick Breen was born 1 Apr 1824 in Co. Kerry, Ireland. I believe his parents were Daniel Breen and Mary Hayes. I think Patrick married a Catherine Welsh\Welch. Is Catherine Welch\Welsh a sister of Walter Welch\Welsh? All very confusing. Can anyone help straighten out these people??

Thank you,
Carole Lannom
carole.lannom75@gmail.com

Re: Ellen Breen, Walter Welch\Welsh, Patrick Breen Xenia, OH

Posted: 1504298530000
Surnames: Breen, Welch
Hi,

Ellen was born in Ireland.

Daniel Welch
Born: 15 Sept 1866, Green Co. OH
Father: Walter Welch, b. ireland
Mother: Ellen Breen, b. Ireland
Single
Occ: Farmer
Died: 19 April 1926, Liberty, Clinton, OH
Buried: 22 April 1926, Vienna Catholic
Source: OH Deaths 1908-1953

They had another son.

John Welch
Born: 1877, Greene Co. OH
Father: Walter Welch
Mother: Ellen Brein
Died: 30 April 1953
Source: OH Deaths 1908-1953

I didn't find Ellen's parents. She could have been married before she married Walter Welch.

I did find her marriage document to Walter and no parents were listed.

I'd contact the Greene County Public Library, http://greenelibrary.info/research-categories/history-and-ge... and ask them to look in the local newspaper for their marriage announcement. Their parents might be listed in it.

I'd also look for her death info and her death notice or obitutary. Her parents might be in it.

I can't answer your question about Patrick because I didn't find any evidence they were related.

I wouldn't assume that Catherine and Walter were related until you find something to prove it. Successful SEArching!

Re: Ellen Breen, Walter Welch\Welsh, Patrick Breen Xenia, OH

Posted: 1506205719000
Thank you, thank you so much for your informative response. I will call a Green Co. Library as you suggested. I have more 'digging' to do.

Carole Lannom
per page

Find a board about a specific topic