Search for content in message boards

Howells Edwards

Howells Edwards

Posted: 8 Aug 2009 7:14PM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: Howell, Edwards
Any Howell or Edwards descendants still in Cefn Mawr area? Please e-mail me at ejh20165@verizon.net.
Thanks
Ed

Re: Howells Edwards

Posted: 11 Aug 2009 2:41PM GMT
My husband is descended from a Catherine Edwards, dau of Seth Edwards and Sarah Ann Cooper, Seth was the son of Edward Edwards and Elizabeth Samuels - these two couples had loads of children and were based in the Ruabon area - do you have any more information.

Posted: 11 Aug 2009 10:19PM GMT
The info I posted is all I have. Sounds like you have more info than I do on the Ruabon Edwards family.

Posted: 11 Aug 2009 10:22PM GMT
Sorry - thought I gave more info. My Elizabeth Edwards was born c. 1808 and married William Howell about 1833 or so. She died young in 1841 of consumption. Two kids, William and Ann Howell. Does that match anything you have?

Posted: 11 Aug 2009 10:29PM GMT
Don't think there's a link yet....Edward and Elizabeth were born in the 1830s so it looks like its a bit later than your Elizabeth Edwards but I've only just started.

N

Posted: 12 Aug 2009 11:18AM GMT
Ed. There are *hundreds* of Edwards families in the Ruabon area! Edwards is one of the most common surnames in that part of Wales.

Posted: 12 Aug 2009 1:45PM GMT
There is a possible:

- Elizabeth HOWELL, died 1841 Q4 in Ruabon (Wrexham 27 188)

Do you have a copy of this certificate?
There is no corresponding burial record in the parish registers of Ruabon, Rhosymedre, Chirk or Llangollen! Neither is there an internment recorded in the registers of Trefynant cemetery. So where was she buried?

Similarly, there is no marriage for a William Howell & Elizabeth Edwards around 1833 in the parish registers for Ruabon, Rhosymedre, Chirk or Llangollen. The nearest possibility I can see is in the Ceiriog Valley?

- 2 May 1833: William HOWELLS married Elizabeth EDWARDS at Llangadwaladr

When, and where, were children William and Ann born? Did William re-marry?

Have you found the family in any of the censuses? I can't see any.

What is the link to Cefn Mawr?

There was a William Howell, an engineer, living in Cefn Mawr but much earlier. He married an Elizabeth JONES in 1815 at Ruabon.

Posted: 12 Aug 2009 2:05PM GMT
I am fast learning that there are loads of Edwards' there considering the number of children Seth had and his father before him. !!!! Still between what my father in law and his brother are recalling and the census. etc I seem to be doing at the moment - does you know if the 1841 census for Denbighshire is complete as I can find my Samuels family in 1851 but not earlier but they definitely had two children before 1841.........oops sorry to jump on your post. I'll shut up now !

Nesta

Posted: 12 Aug 2009 9:49PM GMT
1841 Denbighshire census is lost.

Posted: 12 Aug 2009 11:21PM GMT
Thank you - such a shame !

Good Luck in your hunting

Nesta
per page