Search for content in message boards

Herman Pohl Family

Herman Pohl Family

Posted: 29 Jul 2004 1:42AM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: Pohl
I am looking for information on Herman Pohl. He was married to Katherine Pfaff in 1917 in South Dakota and they had two children, Herman born 1918 and Erna born 1919 (both born in South Dakota). I would like to learn more about Herman. His son Herman died 1975. Not much is known on the older Herman. His wife Katherine was born in a country other than the U.S. and died in 1980 in California. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Re: Herman Pohl Family

Posted: 31 Oct 2011 3:32AM GMT
Classification: Query
My Aunt Katherine Pfaff m. Herman Pohl w. 2 child.(Herman Jr moved to CA, and Erna married a Sisk and also moved to CA) "Kate" b. Freudenthal, S. Russia(now Ukraine)near Odessa. Parents and family immigrated to S.Dak. 1908. She met Herman Pohl in SD,(he was from Germany according to my father)and m. before 1920 according to census. More on Herman Senior not known. Katherine's parents were Heinrich Andreas Pfaff (Henry A., b. 8 May 1869 Freudenthal, d. summer of 1964/5 SD) and Elizabeth Dupper (b. 1861 Freudenthal, d. ? SD). Henry was the youngest and only surviving son of Andreas Pfaff (according to www.remmick.org/Pfaff.Genealogy)who was the 13th child of Johann William Pfaff who was the sixth child of Johann Michael Pfaff and Sybilla. Johann Michael was the son of Johann Phillip who was the son of Conrad Pfaff b.~1711 Winweiller, Pfalz, Holy Roman Empire (Germany). Earlier ancestors, the Pfannkuchen and Closs families date back to the early 1600's. Elizabeth/Elisabetha dau. of Peter Dupper (b.~1848) and Katherine Christmann. According to family stories, Elizabeth's older brother, Fredrick Dupper was sent to Siberia for his part in the Black Sea Fleet Mutiny/ Odessa Uprising of ~1905. I am still working on sorting out the Duppers and Christmanns. Aunt Kate was the eldest of 11 children. My father, Heinrich Pieter (Henry Peter) was the 8th child. So, Herman Jr. and Erna were my cousins. Do you have any more info on them?
per page

Find a board about a specific topic