Search for content in message boards

Camley Family

Camley Family

Marcus J. (Jim) Wallace (View posts)
Posted: 947160000000
Classification: Query
Surnames: Camley, Cargile
John J. Camley married Anna Cargile about 1907. They were living in Garza County in 1910 and later moved to Amarillo. They had two daughters, Frances Eva and Isabel. John J. (Jack) Camley was killed by an automobile about the middle of August 1929. Anna continued to live in Amarillo as far as anyone knows. Any help would be appreciated.

Re: Camley Family

Lynda Liscumb (View posts)
Posted: 1010535312000
Surnames: camley
Do you know where/when John J. Camley was born? My great-grandmother was a Camley (born 1861) and one of her brothers was named John. They were born in Ontario, of Irish background. We lost track of John's whereabouts. Also of interest was the information in your message that John J. Camley had a daughter named Frances Eva. The name "Eva" has been used by a number of Camleys in Ontario. Coincidence ?
Our John Camley also had brothers named Hugh and Terrence.
If there is any connection, I would be pleased to know.
Thanks,
Lynda

Posted: 1013054759000
Edited: 1040060296000
The one time I find them in the census was 1910. He is listed as a house painter. Born 1878 based on age 32 in Minnesota. Garza County, Texas The two girls had to be born between then and his death in 1929.

Posted: 1013099917000
Edited: 1040060296000
Surnames: Camley, Cargile, Scurlock, Blankenship, Vincent, Wallace
Per the census report in 1910, John J. (Jack) Camley was born in Minn. His father was born in Scotland and his mother was born in Canada. They show no children and had been married 3 years which would put their marriage in 1907. Anna's mother died in 1903 when she was 26. Her mother died in Dallas county, Texas but have no idea where Anna was at the time.

Posted: 1458228740000
I'm a descendant of Mary Camley. The rest of her siblings include: Patrick, Terrence, James, Hugh, Ann, and Henry. I'm searching for info on the Camley/Fitzpatrick lines back in Ireland. If so, please let me know.
Thanks,
Sandra
per page

Find a board about a specific topic