Search for content in message boards

Rogers Cemetery / Martin Cemetery

Rogers Cemetery / Martin Cemetery

Posted: 12 Oct 2010 12:03AM GMT
Classification: Query
Edited: 20 Feb 2012 1:21AM GMT
Surnames: Henderson, Martin, Prince, Rogers, Sarvis
Looking for info about Rogers Cemetery, specifically the identity of the sixteen persons whose graves are currently marked only by orange flags. I've been told there were wooden markers in the past, but these are no longer present.

Cemetery is located off of Sarvis Road in Galivants Ferry at the edge of a field. A chain link fence surrounds the .2 acres, and a wooden placard reads "In Memory of Daisy H. Rogers - Martin Cemetery - Established 1878."

Twenty three marked graves with the surnames Henderson, Martin, Prince, Rogers, and Sarvis are located on the property. My connection is the Princes.

Also interested in learning who might have been the owner in 1878.

Any information would be greatly appreciated.

Re: Rogers Cemetery / Martin Cemetery

Posted: 15 Oct 2010 12:20AM GMT
If you will, contact me at my e-mail address. I would like to discuss the Rogers/Martin cemetery and your connections. Also your prior post concerning M.A. & S.W. Rabon. jcrabon@aol.com

Posted: 22 Dec 2010 2:44AM GMT
Daisy Rogers is my grandmother. My grandparents are in the cemetary.

Posted: 20 Feb 2012 1:20AM GMT
Surnames: Prince, Martin, Rogers
I am connected to the Princes that are buried there. Cornelius J. Prince, was the father of Arlington Hazard Prince who was the father of Albert Aberry Prince. Albert's son, Lloyd James Prince, was my mother's father. They all died before I was born.

I wonder if any of the unmarked graves belong to other members of the Prince family. And I also was asked to research A. D. Martin and wondered if he might be buried there. To this point, I have not been able to locate where he is buried.
per page

Find a board about a specific topic