Search for content in message boards

Barberton area Jurkic Yurkic Jurick Yurick etc

Barberton area Jurkic Yurkic Jurick Yurick etc

Posted: 1030735494000
Classification: Query
I would love to hear from anyone researching Jurkic Yurkic Jurkich Yurkich Jurkie Yurkie Jurkitsch Jurick Yurick from the area that was Szarvas Slavonia Austria and became Szarvas Verocze Hungary and now is Sarvas, Croatia.
The family I am researching is of German descent. Our family used the name Jurick / Yurick but I believe may be related to 2 families in Summit that used the Jurkic variations.

I found a Frank Jurkic / Yurkic born cir 1880 who came from Sarvas in 1906 to Summit county, Ohio. His wife was Maria Wagner born Vucevci, Osijek Parish, Austria. 2 known children were Juro which may be George born 1905 in Sarvas and Stefan..probably became Steven born 1909 in Ohio.

The other family was John / Johann Jurkic born cir 1883/84 who arrived in 1907. His wife was Katherine ( Torn ?) and their children were Katherine born cir 1908 in Austria, Peter born 1912/13, Rosaline born 1921, and Joseph born 1924.

You may email me directly at rubyslippers@kc.rr.com
Thanks! Sharon

Re: Barberton area Jurkic Yurkic Jurick Yurick etc

Kristijan Jurkic (View posts)
Posted: 1043427628000
Hello Sharon!
In first of all please excuse my englesh its not my best one.

I have seen what are you looking for. I live in Vienna in 2nd generation my father was PAVO Jurkic from Slavonia Croatia, his father was Josip Jurkic i think he is came from Domaljevac in Bosnia (today) he is go to live in the village Stitar their is 10 miles from Domaljec My grandpa is leave to US in the 70th year (i´m not sure) three uncels and one aunt is also live in US and Canada Toronto. I havn´t any contact to their. it will be very interestet for me to be in contact with you if i get a new information please contact if their is posible. thanks in vorward. best regards Kristijan

Danauschwabens from Barberton and Youngstown area

Posted: 1079291102000
Edited: 1144298557000
Hello Sharon,
I am also looking for information on Germans from Syrmien, Croatia (Hrvatska) formely Yugoslavia / Austria Hungary. And The Batschka. I would be interested in comparing notes with anyone form the Vukovar Lovas or Sotin / Bunkin , Neudorf (Backa Novo sello) areas. Especially if the families went to Sharon, PA. Barberton and Youngstown area.
Best Regards
Kurt
http://www.dvhh.org/sotting/index.htm

Posted: 1194400213000
Surnames: Yurick,Yuric,Jurich,Juric, Djuric,Giurich etc
Hello Sharon, I´ve been looking up my surname ,Yurick, and found your thread. My grandfather´s parents came to Chile around 1880 to 1900. They settled in Valparaiso (central Chile). Children were Johnny, Lucy, Patrick,Peter, Francisco and another I can´t remember. Francisco was the youngest and my grandfather. He always sayd his family was AustroHungarian. I´m trying to find out where exactly they came from.
I would like to keep in touch and exchange information. There´s a lot on how people got to the US but not that much info on southamerica. I susspect they departed from Hamburg.
I also found out that the surname is registered as one of the clans in south croatia in the 15th century and was originally DJURIC. In the 1800 it appears as D´URIC¨.
Best wishes and any help would be appreciated. Thanks.

Posted: 1194400931000
Surnames: Jurkic Yurkic Jurick Yurick etc in chile
Hello Kristijan, I´m Francisca Yurick from Chile. My family came from AustroHungary and I´m interested in finding out if I have relatives anywhere around the world who want to figure out how the Yuricks moved and where they came from originally. Does your father or grandfather remember family coming to southamerica, specifically Chile? What was the common rout? Maybe Hamburg? Is Yurick a common surname? My Grandfather was called Franzisko.His sisters and brothers Patrick,Lucy,Petar,Johnny (maybe Johan originally).
Good hunting! I will let you know if I find something.

Posted: 1195874147000
What do you mean "it was registered as one of the clans"? The spelling DJURIC, ĐURIC and GJURIC would all be the same ... just a difference in spelling norms of the day. The root is the male given name Juro = George

Robert

Posted: 1199196041000
Surnames: Jurkic
A Happy New Year Francisca, i have read just your message from November, i´m sorry that i can´t help you, i´ve been also looking for information about my surname (JURKIC) i now that this kind of write is the real one, if you look in google there are not many items for Jurkic, there are not many peoples in Kroatia and bosnia with this surname, the most important people was Gabriel and Girardi Jurkic, My Father is died in 1976 and my Grandpa is going to USA/NY at beginning the 70th i have never seen him, i have also family in canada but not in contact to them, Grandpa is born in Bosnia & Hercegovina in Domaljevac, Orasje or Mahala i now only that this side of family is coming from theire, i´m sorry that i can´t help you more and excuse for my english i live in Vienna - Austria sincerly yours Jurkic Kristijan

Posted: 1199207441000
Hi, With a quick search, the following Jurkic's were found. Spelling is as it was written.
John Jurkic, b. 3 July 1893 Austria Hungria, d. 24 Mar 1942 Barberton, Summit County, Ohio. son of John Jurkic. Buried in St. Peter & Paul Cemetery in Doylestown, Wayne County, Ohio.

Katherine Horn Jurkic, b. 2 July 1889 Austria, d. 4 Aug 1945 Cleveland, Cuyahoga County, Ohio. daughter of Sebastian Horn. wife of John Jurkic. Buried in St. Peter & Paul Cemetery, Doylestown, Wayne County, Ohio. She died in Cleveland, Ohio but lived in Barberton, Summit County, Ohio

John Jurkic, b. 16 sept 1917 in Ohio, d. 26 Oct 1918 in Barberton, Summit County, Ohio. Son of John & Catherine Horn Jurkic. Buried in St. Augustine Cemetery, Akron, Summit County, Ohio.

Mary Wagner Yurkic, b. 30 July 1887 Jugo Slavia, d. 4 Dec 1931 Akron, Summit County, Ohio. Daughter of Frank Wagner. Wife of Frank Yurkic. Buried in Holy Cross Cemetery, Akron, Summit County, Ohio

Steve Yurkic, b. 6 Aug 1908 Colorado, USA, d. 24 Nov 1924 Akron, Summit County, Ohio. Son of Frank & Mary Yurkic. Buried in Holy Cross Cemetery, Akron, Summit County, Ohio. Died of gunshot wound.

I can do more hunting for the various spellings of the name. Hope this helps

Posted: 1232669628000
Hi Kristijan, I am notsure if you are searching or checking this message board. If you are Pavo's son, then I am your cousin. I am Luca's youngest daughter. Please contact me.

Posted: 1237837600000
Hi Kristijan,
I am sorry I m just replying to you. I hope you still check this to see if you have any responses... I am one of your cousins in the U.S. My name is Diane and I am Luca's youngest daughter. Please contact me, dgrlica@yahoo.com.
per page

Find a board about a specific topic