Search for content in message boards

Technical Problems

Technical Problems

Posted: 1478539750000
Classification: Query
I had the database http://www.isitdownrightnow.com/rootsweb.com.html check World Connect and it is up and running. However all databases on World Connect are shown to be not configured. What's the problem?

Re: Technical Problems

Posted: 1478558623000
It was down for awhile but should be up and running now.

Joan

Posted: 1481649164000
Hi Joan,

I'm back again a little over a month later, and the same problem with Rootsweb's World Connect. For the past several days, when I try to access several databases, I get this message, " This database is currently being updated. It should be online in a few minutes." It must be all of Rootsweb. When I check http://www.isitdownrightnow.com/rootsweb.com.html , that web page doesn't work either.

What now?

Beth

Posted: 1481653913000
Sadly, RootsWeb's chief Architect and creator/developer of WorldConnect, Randy Winch, passed away this last week and that has no doubt caused the recent upgrading process to be furthered delayed. It may take some time for Ancestry staff to familiarize themselves with Randy's program and get things working again but they have assured everyone that they are working on it.

Joan

Posted: 1481860206000
Joan,

I'm so sorry to hear about Randy. He had a very credible reputation for being a fine web page developer. My sympathy to his Rootsweb family.

Beth

Posted: 1482170279000
We are all saddened by the death of Randy. He was a wonderful person and we will miss him.

I have engineers who are working on familiarizing themselves with RootsWeb which includes WorldConnect among other products. I will let them know that WorldConnect is not updating again.

Solving some of these problems will take time -- Randy was the one who knew the system well. But we are working on them. We appreciate your patience as these problems are resolved. I understand your frustration. But be assured that RootsWeb has not been abandoned and will be maintained.

Posted: 1482170320000
I am so sorry to hear of Randy Winch's passing. He was the 'go-to-guy' for anything Rootsweb. He will be dearly missed.

Posted: 1482172107000
Thanks for letting us know, Anne!

Joan

Posted: 1482533493000
FINALLY! Uploads are now working again. The backlog has cleared, and uploaded gedcoms will be added in a timely manner.

Posted: 1482606742000
Anne: Do you have anything to do with the online German microfilms on the Ancestry site? I use the site frequently, but there are some problems and I have some suggestions. I've tried to submit them to Ancestry, but don't seem to hear back about it.
kathy bonnell
per page

Find a board about a specific topic