Search for content in message boards

Altar

Altar

Alan Amarias (View posts)
Posted: 6 Jun 2000 12:00PM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: Montijo, Velasquez, Espinosa, Lopez
I am looking for information on Jauquin Montijo's family he was born about 1821 or 1822 in Altar. His Father was Jose Montijo no other information, his Mother was Concepcion Velasquez no other information on her either.
Jauquin was married Oct. 10 1846 To Callatanna Espinosa born in Santa Ana June 25 1826 her Father was Antonio Lopez no further information on him, her Mother was Gaudalupe Espinosa no further information on her.
I know of no brothers or sisters for either Jauquin or Callatana her name may have been spelled Calletana Calletanna or Callatanna. have found it spelled all those ways.
They moved to San Bernardino Ca. sometime between June 1854
and 1861.
I also believe Jauquin brought with him a herd of Spanish horses as he was taxed for 100 head of Spanish horses in San Bernardino Ca. they had 8 children at least 4 of them were born in Magdalena. I have their birthdates.
Any information would be deeply appreciated.

MONTIJO

ANDREA RELF (View posts)
Posted: 8 Mar 2001 12:00PM GMT
Surnames: MONTIJO, ALVAREZ
MY GRANDFATHER'S NAME WAS EFREN MONTIJO BORN IN LOS ANGELESCA - WAS RELATED TO SAN BERNARDINO MONTIJO AND ALVAREZ FAMILY PLEASE CONTACT ME

Montijo's

Alan Amarias (View posts)
Posted: 11 Mar 2001 12:00PM GMT
As far as I know Jauquin And (Calletana spelled about 3 or 4 different ways) Montijo arrived in San Bernardino around 1870. Jauquin was born in Altar Sonora abou 1821 or 22
Calletanna was born in Santa Anna Sonora, I don't have the exact dates on hand
Their oldset son lived in San Jose Ca.
Hope this helps

Re: Altar

Posted: 15 May 2005 2:23AM GMT
I am looking for Montijos also.

I have a Santiago Montijo born 1817 Mex, Province of Spain (Mexico won independance from Spain in 1821) and Santiago was living in Los Angeles on 1870 census.

He had a brother Jesus Montijo , born 1820 Mexico, Province of Spain, that was in the gold fields in San Joaquin, Buena Vista District of San Gabriel (this area became Kern Co, in 1866) and he was on the 1860 census of San Joaquin, Kern Co, CA and then later in Los Angeles on the 1870 census.

he had a brother Joaquin Montijo or Montigo born 1821 Mexico, (this was the year Mexico won independance from Spain) listed on the 1880 San Bernadino Census who had a son born 1857 also on the 1880 Bernadino Census.

another brother Yacinto Montijo born 1830 (Mexico, after Mexico won independance from Spain in 1821) married to Francisca (last name ?) that lived in Los Angeles and in on the 1860 Los Angeles census.

They had a brother Rosendo Mantijo born born 1831/2 Mexico who was in Los Angeles and moved to nearby San Diego and is on the 1880 Census there.

These Montijo brothers are related to Eugenie Montijo born 1826 in Spain (don't know if this is Mexico province of Spain or actual Spain) This Eugenie Montijo married the Nephew of Emperor Napolian Bonapart I (nephew was Nepolian Bonapart III that became Emperor of Spain before 1870, as he was overthrown in 1870 and imprisoned in England and died there in 1873). Eugenie died age 94 in Madrid. The Montijo relatives in Sonora, Baja Califiornia fled to Alta California to the District of San Gabriel (Santiago, Yacinto, Joaquin).......this district of San Gabriel was a large district and covered San Gabriel Mission, Los Nietos, Los Angeles, San Bernadino, Santa Anna (Santa Anna was the first site of Mission San Gabriel in 1771) and over the mountians into San Joaquin Valley

I believe that it was Yacinto Montijo and Francisca's daughter was Pastoria Saldemar Montigo born circa 1860/1869 who was in some way cohersed into having a baby with Juan Matias Sanchez (she was age 16/17 and he age 68 and newly widowed). The Baby was Ambrosia Sanchez born 1877 and baptiszed at San Gabriel Mission in 1878 with the note that the father was Juan Matias Sanchez age 69 and the mother Pastoria Montijo age 17/18.

Pastoria married as Pastoria Saldemar Sanchez to a Capt Maias Cammaco in Kern Co circa 1878 and had a daughter Francisca Rita Camacho. 1879 at Tule Sinks. Mathias bought lands at Tule Sinks (Mt Diablo district) in 1890, in Kern Co, California.

Pastoria's daughter Francisca grew up and at the age of 15 married Juan Batista Albitre "BAT" who was age 38.

Does this mean anything to you?

Re: MONTIJO

Posted: 25 Jul 2009 12:27PM GMT
Just joined Ancestry.com. There is both a Montijo and Alvares connection in my family tree. This is what I know: my great-great-grandparents Lucas and Susana (both born in Sonora, Mexico) came to Los Angeles, California around 1855. Lucas dob 1829, Susana dob 1842 married in the San Gabriel Mission in 1855/1856. They had at least five living sons in 1900: Miguel (my great grandfather), Tomas (never married), Ezequial (married Carlota Raggio), Fernando (married Beatrice Alvares) and Ricardo/Richard (married Estenia Autunez). Beatrice dob 1880. Richard and Beatrice settled in Colton and had three children. Lucas and Susana were still alive in 1900 and they show up on the census in Riverside. The house they lived in was exactly on the border between Riverside and San Bernardino. There has got to be a connection between the LA Montijos, San Bernardino Montijos and Riverside Montijos who all arrived in LA around 1850-1860 from Sonora Mexico. In addition, there is a family story that part of the family left Sonora to go to Southern California and part went to Arizona so there may be a connection there. Family legend has it that their land was confiscated in Mexico so they relocated to the US. I have additional info if anyone is interested.

Re: Montijo's

Posted: 25 Aug 2011 4:27AM GMT
Joaquin Montijo (1822-1897) is my 2nd great grandfather. He married Callatana Espinosa (1826 - 1908). They had a daughter Antonia Montijo (1850-1938) who married Jesus Maria Amarias (1866-1947. Joaquin's other daughter Teodora Montijo (1862-1915)is my great grandmother. I have a photo of Joaquin & Callatana. Thanks,

Leonard Trujillo --- lennytrjillo51@aol.com

Re: MONTIJO

Posted: 2 Apr 2012 1:22AM GMT
Does this help anyone

Name:
Calletana E. Montigo
[Calletana E. Montijo]
Birth Year:
abt 1836
Birthplace:
Mexico
Home in 1880:
San Bernardino, San Bernardino, California
Race: Mexican (Latino)

Relation to Head of House: Wife

Marital Status: Married

Spouse's Name: Joaquin Montijo

Father's Birthplace: Mexico

Mother's Birthplace:Mexico

Household Members:

Name Age

Joaquin Montijo 60

Calletana E. Montijo 44

Antonia Montijo 25

Jesus Montijo 23

Teodora Montijo 19

Parfirio Montijo 14 (Porfirio)?

Otabiano Montijo 9

Florenzio Montijo 3

Source Citation: Year: 1880; Census Place: San Bernardino, San Bernardino, California; Roll: 72; Family History Film: 1254072; Page: 479C; Enumeration District: 063; Image: 0180.

Posted: 19 Apr 2012 8:23PM GMT
I have a Picture of Antonia taken in the late 1880s with her first son Laurance, her first husband Bernardo Ballestero was killed in a mine accident I believe in Holcomb valley above San Bernardino, her 2nd husband was Jesus Amarias my grandfather.
I would like to have any pictures of the Montijo family you have, if you wouldn't mind sending them.
my email addy is
aamarias@yahoo.com
I can send you the 1 of Antonia and Laurance
thank you in advance Alan

Posted: 19 Apr 2012 8:26PM GMT
I have a Picture of Antonia taken in the late 1880s with her first son Laurance, her first husband Bernardo Ballestero was killed in a mine accident I believe in Holcomb valley above San Bernardino, her 2nd husband was Jesus Amarias my grandfather.
I would like to have any pictures of the Montijo family you have, if you wouldn't mind sending them.
my email addy is
aamarias@yahoo.com
I can send you the 1 of Antonia and Laurance
thank you in advance Alan
Attachments:
per page

Find a board about a specific topic