Search for content in message boards

Kathleen Sara Hartman

Kathleen Sara Hartman

Dana Hastings (View posts)
Posted: 23 May 2005 9:50PM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: Hartman, Hughston
I found three large photo albums at our disposal area recently, one of which was embossed "Kathleen Sara Hartman" on the cover. The pictures are from the early 1900's, and one bears a photographers name from Waco, Texas. Accompanied by two albums for Virginia Hartman Hughston. These are all family photos which I would like to restore to their original families. Let me know if you could help in this search.

Re: Kathleen Sara Hartman

Hartman (View posts)
Posted: 24 May 2005 9:09PM GMT
Surnames: Hartman
You are quite considerate to save the photos and hopefully find their descendents!
There are numerous photo sites that do just this. You can post the photos for free and many times they are claimed!

I can recommend "deadfred.com", there is also a Western Pennsylvania site that has so very man Hartman's on it.
Search some of these sites and they will help you get the photos posted.
Good luck and thank you for being so respectful in the preservation of family history!!!!

Mike Nolen (View posts)
Posted: 14 Nov 2005 7:25PM GMT
Surnames: Hartman
Do you have any other names in the albums? I am related to some Hartmans from San Saba Co., TX. Some of thier descendents moved over to Bell Co., TX and I do know one one Hartman that married into a Hooser family in Waco, TX.

Dana Hastings (View posts)
Posted: 15 Nov 2005 2:08AM GMT
Surnames: Hartman, Hughston
Mike, I went thru the albums again but found two references to Waco, Tx, a professional photo of 4 seniors without names) taken by Windy Drum, 2424 Columbus Ave, Waco. Other candids seem to be from many places showing much travel, well-to-do-people. Some auto plates from Mass. in 1923-25 period. Lots of news clippings of wedding of Virginia Hartman Hughston to Harry McCoy Jones in NYC , Nov 27, 1932 ( dau of Ms. Regan Hughston of NYC, dau of Mr. F.W. Schumacher of NYC, grand-dau of Dr. Samuel B. Hartman of Columbus, OH). A photo of F.W. Schumacher at Waco Public Library Dec. 1943. A group photo from Nice, Italy, lists: Cornelius Westbrooke Van Voorhis, Wm. G Lewis, Regan Hughston, Maribel Hughston, Barbara Preston Nicholas. Hope some of these names help in indentification process. Keep me posted.

Posted: 20 Sep 2010 4:07PM GMT
Please e-mail me at rhybaucom@yahoo.com. As I researching this family.

The listed e-mail address is my boss's e-mail. Please send to my e-mail: rhybaucom@yahoo.com

Thanks,
Rhydonia Baucom

Posted: 16 Feb 2012 4:16AM GMT
Dana, how considerate of you to try to return photo albums you found to family. I can tell you a little of the 3 daughters born to William Frederick Schumacher and Maribell Hartman. Oldest was Maribell (b.. 1896) who married Jules B. Finnell and had 3 children, second (b. 1903) was Kathleen who was married to (first name not known) Cunningham prior to 1935. I do not know what happend to her/them or if they had children, youngest was Virginia Elizabeth Hartman (born 1906)- I did find she sometimes used her stepfather's surname of Hughston. It is probably her photo's you found. You just gave me her marriage date to Harry McCoy Jones. Do not know what happen with this couple - H. McCoy Jones remarried to Carolyn/Caroline who is possible still living in Reno. NV, they had no children. Maribell had 3 Finnell children - oldest son had a child before he was killed WWII, second son Michael who died last year had 3 children, Youngest, a daughter Patricia divorced from husband Donald Kulha, no children, still living in Los Angeles, CA. I am working on Finnell/
Schumacher for a friend. If you have not found family let me know - I have ideas where Maribell Finnell's children are living but just wonder if they would be interested. Would you be willing to tell me the city and state where these album's were foune by you?? Possibly where Virginia died - I cannot idetify her on SS death index - perhaps because she also remarried as Jones did. I value old pictures myself, have a lot of family ones to "pass on" - glad to help if you think I can.

Posted: 30 Mar 2012 2:30PM GMT
I'm 'mariscos' mother, and the child of the oldest of Maribel's children who died in WWII. We will be in Columbus April 9-13 and would like to contact "klc2304" while there. I was thrilled to read that Patricia, my father's sister, is still alive and living in Los Angeles, as I had found only childhood and youth references for her, and she would be the last living link to my father. It's such short notice, but I hope to get linked up with "klc2304".... Jane Andrews jcavenice@aolcom

Posted: 14 Apr 2012 1:50AM GMT
I agree such a gift I would love to be the one who was the Lucky person(s) ... to get the pictures I am dreaming for someone like that to contact me one day and it would be priceless My Uhlig ,Weidner ancestors left behind so many heirlooms and my weidner 's mother was the daughter of a lena hartmann Kansas and Dayton,Ohio my Uhlig tree are all but a few are all gone now and I sit hear pondering the thoughts that I can retrive some back to our family .... little things anything ~ so thanks for people like you and so many ...researching Ancestors ..God Bless
Kime

Posted: 14 Apr 2012 1:55AM GMT
Any of them in Dayton,Ohio any Lena or Ruth Weidner Uhlig in Dayton ,Ohio? you are so wonderful for giving some lucky family member a heirloom ... God Bless !you
KimE

Posted: 10 May 2012 4:15AM GMT
"Marisco" mother has been to my home in Ohio. Such a wonderful lady. She is a descendant of Jules Bertrum Finnell, brother to Kathleen. I encourgaged her to contact you and inquire as to whether you are still keeping the album 7 years later. I have worked the family genalogy extensively - she has all of it now - and truely believe she is the only living descendant. I know her and can cantact her if you would like to let ME know whether you have kept the album. There is indeed someone who would love to have it.
per page

Find a board about a specific topic