Search for content in message boards

Dyckman

Posted: 1490805056000
Classification: Query
Edited: 1490805106000
Surnames: Dyckman
Looking for family and information on Dyckman. Per the clerk Jo Ann Dyckman (go figure) for Cortlandt, NY my grandmother Daisy was born out of wedlock in 1907 to Martha Jane Bell (18 yrs) and Marcy (?) Dyckman (19 yrs).

Re: Dyckman

Posted: 1490926335000
Edited: 1490931125000
do you mean cortlandt or cortland? because cortlandt is in westchester co and cortland is in cortland. i googled clerk jo ann dyckman, she is in westchester co ny, maybe get better response posting there?
meanwhile, 1905 census cortlandt westchester, on the cross rd from dehot
Martha J Bell
Age 16
Birth Year (Estimated) 1889
Birthplace United States
Relationship to Head of Household Daughter
Race White
Gender Female
with her father, farmer, marcus, 64, mother sarah, 62, and brother isaac.19

in 1910, martha marries Howard Williams
Event Date 05 Feb 1910 Westchester, New York, United States
Age 35 Birth Year (Estimated) 1875
Father's Name John Williams Mother's Name Phebe Lent
Spouse's Name Martha Bell Age 19 Birth Year (Estimated) 1891
Spouse's Father's Name Marcus Bell Spouse's Mother's Name Sarah Bell

1910 census cortlandt, westchester, ny
Howard Williams, a teamster, Head M 28 New York, his second marriage, this one is in its first year.
Martha Williams Wife F 19 New York has had 1 child who is still living. two houses previous lives widowed marcus bell, with his sister,(? thats what it says, online trees say his sister and wife-he had 2-had same name. isaac is marthas 1/2 bros if tree correct)) sarah. he has a truck farm. (thats vegetables, in case the term not familiar to you). (there is an 1879 notice at fultonhistory.com of jacob lent selling marcus 9 acres of land in cortlandt.)
Henry W Williams Son M 8 New York this would be marthas step son

New York NY Herald 1909 - 5184.pdf
...have been re- cently constructed, J. V. Alexander sold for Marcus Bell his forty acre farm to Professor Earnest Yates Loomis, who ...

there are a couple of other articles, mostly re real estate and mostly in the peekskill paper.looks like he bought and sold a lot of land.

Peekskill NY Highland Democrat 1909-1910 327.pdf
...Yates T.oomls. of C lumbia University, has purchased the Marcus Bell 40 acre farm, near Peeks- kill, N. Y.. and will ...

where was daisy?

Posted: 1490928071000
Edited: 1490929017000
maybe?? i found this by using probable birth year , male, last name only. this is as close to "marcy" as i could get

New York State Census, 1905 Cortlandt, Westchester
States M Dyckman birth: 1890 United States
States Mauris Dyckmam on the buchanon rd with his father a blacksmith named charles, and his sister, leah a., age 24

United States World War I Draft Registration Cards, 1917-1918
birth: 16 October 1886 in Westchester, New York, United States
Draft Registration from 1917 to 1918 Elizabeth County, Virginia, maried, a driller working with a shipbuilding company in newport news va. the birth date is off, but ?

this is from findagrave, birth year way off, but, month and day good. States Morris Dyckman Birth: Oct. 15, 1880
Death: Feb. 25, 1961
Family links:
Spouse:
Roberta Dyckman (1874 - 1954)
Burial:
Cape Charles Cemetery
Cape Charles
Northampton County
Virginia, USA

this is not "your" staats morris, but may be a relative, lived in the same place, earlier years.interestung, anyway.
http://notorc.blogspot.com/2010/06/boscobel-story-1-short-tr...

possible clue?
http://www.foxandjamesfh.com/notices/MauriceMorris-Dyckman

Posted: 1490978214000
1940Virginia Northampton Capeville Magisterial District, Cape Charles ?tazewell" st
Maurice S Dyckman Head M 54 New York works railrd
Robertta Dyckman Wife F 65 Virginia

1930 Cape Charles, Northampton, Virginia randolp ave
Slate M Dyckman Head M 48 New York car repair railroad
Roberta I Dyckman Wife F 55 Virginia
William S Dyckman Son M 25 Virginia
Lillian I Dyckman Daughter F 13 Virginia
Morris C Dyckman Son M 11 Virginia
Rolland Y Foxwell Son M 29 Virginia
Girtrude Foxwell Daughter-in-law F 29 Virginia
Rolland Y Foxwell Jr. Grandson M 8 Virginia

send to cape charles va library re obit. go on ancestry family trees. find decendents, get dna tests, compare results.

Posted: 1491493840000
Thanks for your help. The problem is that we know absolutely nothing about this Dyckman other than what the county clerk in Cortlandt told us over the phone. Said his name is Marcy and was born in 1888 and they had a baby Daisy out of wedlock. Her mother Martha then married Howard Williams not long after (he was the husband of her sister Anne who had passed away). My cousin has sent away for the copy of the birth certificate so hopefully that will have more information to narrow down who this Dyckman was. Funny, the county clerk whom we spoke with name was Jo Ann Dyckman. Says there are lots of Dyckman's, Lents and Williams there.
per page

Find a board about a specific topic