Search for content in message boards

Seeking connections-link to Adelaide CRANDALL GREEN descendants from Cortland County, NY

Seeking connections-link to Adelaide CRANDALL GREEN descendants from Cortland County, NY

Posted: 1381075229000
Classification: Query
Surnames: CRANDALL, GREEN, MARX
Adelaide "Addie" (CRANDALL) GREEN was born on 19 July 1847 in East Homer area of Cortland County, NY to William Henry Harrison Crandall and his wife, Jane (MARX).

She was the older sister of Millard Fillmore Crandall Sr. b. 1850 and Andrew J Crandall b. 1853 (who died at 2 months of age).

She married George Green (date and location unknown) and had 4 known children: William, Amie, Sarah and Maude - all supposedly born in the East Homer area.

According to the book "Elder John Crandall of RI & His Descendants", page 227, in the late 1930's when she was about 90 years old, she was confined to the Cortland County Home, suffering from a broken hip.

Would anyone have any additional information about Addie or any of her family members that they would be willing to share in exchange for information from my research on other family branches?

Hope to hear from you soon!

Kem

Re: Seeking connections-link to Adelaide CRANDALL GREEN descendants from Cortland County, NY

Posted: 1490801291000
I am researching this line for my uncle Clarence McCall to determine the parentage of Anna presumably a Crandall adopted by the Tait family.

Re: Seeking connections-link to Adelaide CRANDALL GREEN descendants from Cortland County, NY

Posted: 1491861460000
Surnames: CRANDALL, GREEN, MCCALL, TAIT, MARX
I have no information on "Addie" (CRANDALL) GREEN being connected to Clarence McCALL or of her being adopted by the TAIT family though that doesn't mean it's not possible.

"Addie" was said to have been 13 yrs old when her mother, Jane (MARX) Crandall died at the age of 38. I've not been able to locate death or burial location(s) for her mother nor for her father, William Henry Harrison Crandall, who I believe died sometime after June 1865 as that was the last census record I could find him listed in.

Addie's husband was George E. Green whom she married abt 1869 in East Homer and they had 4 children.

Would be most grateful if you contact me if you know/find any other information about her or her parents.

Thank you, Kem

Posted: 1491866140000
I have made the crandall line available on ancestry.
Here is what I have
Adelaide Crandall (b 1848 d. 1937 buried in Syracuse New York)
Had Willard (wIlliam ellis 1869)
had Addie Crandall (1874)
married George Green
Her mother was Jane Marx
Addie Crandall was adopted by John and Eliza Tait of Homer (or Truxton - don't have the records in front of me)
See if you can get into the Crandall ancestry account. I can fill in questions. Remember I did this line for my half uncle (who I found on line)

Posted: 1492292361000
Surnames: CRANDALL, MARX, GREEN, KELLER
Thanks for your reply and the info you provided.

I would like to review your Crandall line on ancestry but have been unable to locate it. Would you please provide me the name under which the file was made??

I'd like to point out a couple of "conflicts" between what you have and what I've discovered. First Adeline Crandall was born on 19 Jul 1847 in East Homer, Cortland County, NY. Also the death date and location you provided also appears to be incorrect since the birth date on the headstone for "a Adelaide Green" isn't the correct date of birth for Adelaide (d/o Wm and Jane Marx Crandall).

The book entitled "Elder John Crandall of Rhode Island and his descendants" is what I've used for a reference, including the names of the children born to her and George E. Green - their names were William, Amie, Sarah and Maude A. (who married Irwin Keller). All of their children were born in East Homer, NY.

I am still actively searching for the date and location of her death and burial along with any information about George. So far, the only confirmed burial location I've found is for Maude and her husband, Irwin Keller is in the Oakwood Cemetery, Syracuse, Onondaga County, NY.

Hope to hear from you in near future. Thanks again, Kem

Posted: 1492302705000
The dates on the gravestone are incorrect. I will send you census info next week (when family has left for the holiday).

Posted: 1492525604000
Surnames: Crandall
Good Morning

The earliest census I have for Adelaide Crandall is 1850 Homer. The census shows that she was born in PA.
The 1855 census is uneventful
The 1860 census shows her in Warren PA living with her brother and I presume, her aunt on her father's side.
1865 she is back with her parents.
1870 she is a domestic servant for the Rose Family (originally from Truxton) in Cortlandville. She has a one year old son, Willard (later known as William) with the last name listed as Ellis (I don't know which Ellis this is but there were several in Truxton)
The 1875 census shows her living in Truxton as the head of the household with the now William and 1 year old Addie whose fathers name is not listed.
1880 census shows her a housekeeper for Bacie in Homer with Willie Crandall.
1880 census for Truxton shows 6 year old Annie living with John and Eliza Tait. An obituary for Eliza Tait mentions her adopted daughter Annie Mccall.
She goes on to marry George Green and at this point William is given the surname Green.
Amoung other children, Adelaide and George have Maude Green who marries Irwin Keller.
It is through Maude Green Keller that I found the grave of Addie Green. I can't explain the date on the headstone nor the bio note that she was born in Schenectady.

Your Thoughts?

The tree is Crandall Family My user name is kdunne2006 and again, my mission was to confirm that Addy Crandall had a daughter.
per page

Find a board about a specific topic