Search for content in message boards

Zomer

Posted: 940075200000
Classification: Query
Edited: 1020440919000
Surnames: Zomer, Star, Prickett, Zuidema, Kok
I am looking for the descendants of:

*Harm Zomer married to Hermanna Kaptein, both born in Hoogeveen (Drenthe) immigrated to the USA, in 1893 to Iowa
first, after that to South Dakota. Both buried in Corsica Douglas Co. SD. They had 9 children:

1)Jan 1890 Hoogeveen
2)Jentje 1891 Hoogeveen
3)Albert
4)Femmigje
5)Geertje
6)Hendrik
7)Herman
8)Tiny
9)Trijntje

*Albert Zomer, born in 1894 married to Theresa Star, born in 1894 they had three children (?)
1)Herman born 1915 married to Helen Prickett,
2)Okkelena born in 1917 married to Edward Zuidema,
3)Egbert, born in 1921, married to Beulah Kok.

Possibly that Albert Zomer is a son of Harm Zomer?

I am looking for more people who have the Dutch name Zomer in their genealogy.

Re: Zomer

Posted: 1075253628000
My mothers cousin is egbert & beula. They live in corsica and my mom's maiden name is Olivier and her mom was a Star and had a sister Theresa. If I can help let me know

Posted: 1086782346000
Edited: 1101260724000
Surnames: Somer Zomer Koops
I am a descendant of a Jan Jans Somer and Hillegien Oltums via their son, Frederik Jans Zomer b. 2/1/1746 in Wildervank, Groningen, and via his daughter, Hillechien Fridriks Zomer (b. 2/2/1773 in Wildervank. She married a Harm Geuchies Koops (b. 1773) and the line changes names for me If you can read Dutch then there are two brothers whose website you must look at:
http://members.home.nl/gerke.somer/
www.somer.be

I do not know how our Somer familie is connected to these Somer brothers' families yet, but we are trying to figure it out.

Also see the following Somer Dutch website:
http://www.xs4all.nl/~hunter/Stambomen/Somer/Somer.html
If you haven't yet checked genlias.com, I would suggest that also. You can do that in English. It only goes back to about 1811 however, and because of so many different spellings of names I would suggest that you use only the first few letters of the last name or first initial of first name, if you have trouble finding the folks you want. Be sure to do all relationships, as you sometimes find unexpected things that way.

Posted: 1406429237000
Albert Zomer (#3) was my great-grandfather. I think he passed away about the time I was born, but I remember my great-grandma Zomer quite well. I have info on this part of the family line if you'd like, mostly based in Western Michigan area.
per page

Find a board about a specific topic