Search for content in message boards

Death Certificates and News Articles for Sullivan County Neversink Road

Death Certificates and News Articles for Sullivan County Neversink Road

Posted: 1468945633000
Classification: Query
Surnames: Hall, Rogers, Pollard
Hi everybody,

I have been searching for YEARS AND YEARS for information related to my grandmother. A few years back I managed to get hold of some information that opened a pandora's box! It was amazing. Unfortunately, there is still limited information on her death. Her burial site is unknown due to the cemetery caretaker not keeping proper records. She was buried in a Pauper's grave and so she is physically lost forever. My dad was a young boy and has limited memories. If there is anybody who could help with this, it would be greatly appreciated. Please e mail me at RogersBobbyJo@yahoo.com

Her name at death could have been: Eleanor Mae Hall, Eleanor Mae Rogers or Eleanor Mae Pollard. The year of death is unknown specifically but it was 1961, 1962 or 1963. She died in the Spring time frame ... Maybe March by Dad and Aunt's recollection. Her death occurred as the result of a car accident ... apparently a car being driven by a drunk driver side swiped her. She was ejected from the car and broke her neck when she hit a tree. She was driving a red and white 1953 Chevy Bel Air.

Re: Death Certificates and News Articles for Sullivan County Neversink Road

Posted: 1468972364000
NYS Death Index
Eleanore Pollard
30 Mar 1962
Fallsburg Sullivan County
Female
File#23172

Kathy

Posted: 1469137984000
Kathy! Thank you so much! For my family and I, this is absolutely amazing. I had hit a brick wall for so many years and this is 1 of the last 3 things I needed for my research as well as to put my Dad's heart, as well as his siblings, hearts at ease.

I can't begin to thank you enough!

Bobby JO

Posted: 1469198235000
Do you need the source for the death? Also, I found a few newspapers articles about the accident. Not much info in them but if you like to read them I can give you the source for them, too.

Posted: 1469230420000
I was able to use the information you gave me and get the source. Thank you!

However, I would love to have those newspaper articles! The source so I can find them would be awesome! I have GOT to learn your tricks. I have tried and tried every form of Google Search I could imagine and I could not find anything in the newspapers. I seriously have tears in my eyes right now! Thank you so much, Kathy!

Posted: 1469539872000
Go to this newspaper site
www.fultonhistory.com
Search in quotes exactly as I have it. Select all of the words and don't check anything below the search line

"Eleanor Pollard" AND "1962"

Several small articles that went out on AP.

Kathy

Posted: 1469547315000
Thank you, Kathy! I was able to access them and print them off for my Dad and his siblings. :)

Posted: 1469548848000
Good. If you need a death certificate you may be able to get one from the Town Clerk for the Town of Fallsburg. They were $22.00 but may be more now.
Are you looking for any other info on her.

Kathy

Posted: 1469590731000
Everything is such a blur with her but we are slowly getting all of our holes filled. I wouldn't even know what else to ask for. I will definitely be sending for the death certificate.

I have also sent you a Private Message as well......

Actually, one of the things I have not been able to find WRT her is whether or not she divorced Paul Carson Rogers or not. She was married to him but left him to move to NY with my (bio) grandfather and the kids. I do know that Paul eventually re married but I don't know if he was able to re marry due to her death (unsure of the year) or if they actually divorced prior to her death. I do know that my (bio) grandfather Pollard never divorced his first wife. So, my grandmother being married under the name Pollard was likely a common-law marriage type of situation. If you are able to see any divorce records for NY and happen to find one for her divorce from Paul Carson Rogers, if it existed, it would be great.

Thank you again ... so very much.
per page

Find a board about a specific topic