Search for content in message boards

Appleton MCKEE

Appleton MCKEE

Posted: 14 Nov 2003 4:02PM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: MCKEE
Searching for parents of Appleton McKee, b. 1830, NY, m. Luzina H. Smith, b. 1835, Marion, Wayne Co PA. Children b. Honey Creek, Delaware Co, Iowa in late 1850s-60s. Have other information regarding some McKees in Iowa. Thanks for your help. Susan Nass

Re: Appleton MCKEE

Renee McKee-Wilde (View posts)
Posted: 30 Aug 2005 1:04AM GMT
I have an Appleton McKee dob unknown sibling of Sylvester George McKee dob 11-7-1823. I also hve a son of Appleton McKee dob unknown. Parents of my Appleton and Sylvester were James McKee adn Sabra Fox. Please emaill and I can look up and give more specifics

Posted: 29 Apr 2007 8:19AM GMT
Classification: Census
Surnames: McKee, Malards, Gilliam
I know you posted this in 2003, but I just came across an Appleton H. McKee in the 1820 census living in Jefferson County, Hounsfield, N.Y. Since this is not a typical name, I thought there might be a connection that would help you.

I was reviewing this Countie's census because of my ancester, Hubbard McKee, who lived in this same area for many years. He was born about 1817 and I was looking for clues to his parents.

Posted: 29 Apr 2007 10:40PM GMT
Surnames: McKee
Thank you very much for contacting me. I was helping a friend with her family tree and she now has all the information that I found for her. I am not sure she is working on her tree at the present time. I do recall that the McKee line goes back through New York to Connecticut and int Massachusetts. Thanks again for contacting me. I appreciate the time you took.

Regards,
Sue Nass
Researching ONLY in Ireland - Buchanan, O'Brien, Healy, McGonigle, Gallagher, Ellis, Harvey prior to early 1800s

Posted: 30 Apr 2007 7:21AM GMT
Surnames: McKee Green
I am a descendant of Austin McKee who married Lydia Green and lived in Jefferson County, New York. Do you recall if your friend was interested in this couple?

Posted: 1 May 2007 12:38AM GMT
Surnames: McKee Fox
It would appear that we may have a connection. Namely, my distant relative Eliezur McKee (m Abigail Fox) had, among others, sons Austin McKee b1799 and William Wallace McKee b1801 (m Sally Swain). The Eliezur's family moved to Jefferson County, NY. I am looking for documentation sources for information on the father, Eliezur, and his father Robert McKee - beyond the censuses. Any information is appreciated. I'd share what information I have.

Posted: 2 May 2007 7:24AM GMT
Are you a descendant of William Wallace McKee?

Posted: 1 Jun 2007 10:28PM GMT
Yep. Through son Russell H McKee/Mary E Redding --> Flora A McKee/Frederick A Carter. And you? You have any sources for WW McKee [father Eliezur McKee/mother Abigail Fox (Father John Fox & mother Mary Waterman)] Sally Swain [father I N Swain & mother ???]?

Posted: 1 Jun 2007 11:56PM GMT
Sorry, I do not have any other information about Appleton MCKEE. The tree was done for a friend and she has no records either. Sorry.

S. B. Nass

Posted: 2 Jun 2007 9:44PM GMT
Surnames: McKee Fox
No, I don't have an documentation regarding the parents of Eliezur McKee and his wife, Abigail Fox. We are apparently seeking the same thing. Do you you have source documenting the children of Eliezur McKee and Abigail Fox?
per page

Find a board about a specific topic