Search for content in message boards

Narrell/Norrell

Narrell/Norrell

betty Huggins (View posts)
Posted: 976968000000
Classification: Query
Surnames: NARRELL, NORRELL, CLECKLER
I am a descendant of Thomas Norrell and Rachel Goodson Cleckler Norrell. Some of their children came from north Alabama to Mitchell County, Texas in late 1890s and early 1900s. Would like to hear from them. I am preparing a family history.

Re: Narrell/Norrell

Britt Narrell (View posts)
Posted: 995315321000
I have a Grandaddy who lived in Mitchel County named E. A. Narrell(Ellen Avant). He went by the nickname of "Cub". He was married to Judy. He has a brother named Houston in the same county. Grandaddy had four children, William, Garland, Jackie, and Sue.

betty huggins (View posts)
Posted: 995388159000
You are definitely kinfolks. Your greatgranddad was Gatewood Norrell, who was a brother to my grandfather, William Samuel Narrell (some of them spelled it with an "a" but have found that the original Norrells spelled with an "o". Write to me and let's exchange information.

Britt Narrell (View posts)
Posted: 995482299000
Betty,
I checked with my father, William (Bill) Lawrence Narrell and he said that his grandfather was James Gatewood Na(o)rrell, I guess we are the black sheep with the spelling of "a" in the last name, Ha Ha. E. A. Narrell, my grandfather, had four children, my father, Garland James-to keep the initials the same in the family, Jackie ----- Narrell, don't know the middle name, and Suesanne ------ Narrell Nebrig, again I don't know the last middle name. Sorry. My father got his first name from your grandfather William Samuel, my grandmother was big on keeping names and initials the same in her family. William Narrell had two children, me, Britt and Eric, Garland Narrell had two children, Brad and Pam, Sue had three children, Dean, Kenneth James, to keep the name james in the family, and Marylynn? unsure of the spelling. Dad said that the Na(o)rrell family is from Arab, Alabama. My grandfather, E. A. Narrell homesteaded his farm north of Lorraine in the 40's and bought the farm in the 50's. E. A. Narrell and Judy are both dead. After their death, Houston, who farmed in the same area and had some oil money in Midland bought the farm. I hope that this can help you some, it may be stuff you already know. I am 34 years old and a lot of the stuff is lost on me. My dad never talked about his family and grandparents died before I got curious.

Betty Huggins (View posts)
Posted: 995491881000

Pvt. Robert L. Narrell at Foster Field, TX 1943

Posted: 1435278145000
Classification: Military
Robert is pictured in the yearbook of the Army Air Force Advanced Flying School at Foster Field on Matagorda Island, Texas. He is part of the 65th Base Headquarters staff. I'm not kin but thought this might help someone researching the NARRELL family.
per page

Find a board about a specific topic