Search for content in message boards

looking for grandparents info

looking for grandparents info

Posted: 28 Mar 2001 12:00PM GMT
Classification: Query
Edited: 24 Jun 2002 9:00PM GMT
Surnames: Kopish, Vratny, Svojgr
I am a second generation American, and I am trying to research my grandparents. Also wanting any types of craft sites information about Czechoslovakia. If anyone could help me with either item, I would greatly appreciate it.

My home e-mail is nemo2926@frontiernet.net. webco911@webstercountyia.org is my work site, and has much faster access.

thank you for your assistance.

Michelle (Kopish) Niemand

Vratny

Patricia Toman Eck (View posts)
Posted: 19 Apr 2001 12:00PM GMT
Surnames: Vratny
I am a second generation on my father's side and am trying to research his birth father who died when he was one year old. His name was Bonhumil (Ben) Vratny and that is about all I have other than his marriage date and date of death. I have looked in the white pages on the internet and have found only about 25 Vratnys listed. Have you had any luck?

Vratny

Posted: 23 Apr 2001 12:00PM GMT
Edited: 24 Jun 2002 9:00PM GMT
Surnames: Vratny
My grandfather was Joseph Vratny he was married to Julia Svogjr (unsure of spelling), I'd have to look in my family tree information to give you the correct spelling of my grandmothers maiden name.

I would be happy to look through my family tree info to see if my grandfather could be related to yours if you would like me to.

It would be easier if you would contact me through my home e-mail as that is where I have all the information on the Vratny family tree.

My home e-mail is nemo2926@frontiernet.net. I would be very happy to share all the information I have to date on the Vratny family tree as I have been told.

Thanks for your response!!! I'm so excited!!!

nemo2926@frontiernet.net

Svogjr

Posted: 14 Jun 2001 12:00PM GMT
Edited: 31 Dec 2001 1:30PM GMT
Surnames: Svogjr, Pruner, Mesickova, Tickal, Krivohlavy
Have information on the relationships through the Pruner family of Mecin, Bohemia. My greatgrandmother, Katherine Pruner Tickal was a sister to Barbara Pruner Svogjr. Most the information I have on the Svogjr family was obtained from Ruthann.

Re: looking for grandparents info

Posted: 18 Aug 2001 6:26AM GMT
In cooperation with Pan Pavel Hladky, Webmaster of SumavaNet (based in Klatovy, Sumava region, southern Czech Republic), I am trying to locate Americans of Czech ancestry with family roots in Sumava who know enough abouttheir family history to be able to prepare a short summary that can be incorporated in the website. Key localities are Klatovy itself, Horazd'ovice, Domazlice, Susice, Kasperske Hory, Strakonice, Prachatice, Pancir, and Cesky Krumlov, plus of course the numerous small villages near these towns. Do you have information which Pan Hladky and I might be able to use? If so, please communicate with me via e-mail. Please note that, as this project develops, we may be able to access records such as those of marriages, baptisms, and property transfers, which still exist in considerable detail in many of the towns of Sumava.

Michelle (Kopish) Niemand (View posts)
Posted: 21 Aug 2001 6:24PM GMT
I would love to assist in the inquiries of Czech-American ancestors. I would be willing to pass on all the information I have on my grandparents Joseph & Julia Svogjr Vratny and John and Mary Kopish. My parents are both first generation American born and I myself am only second generation, and have a deep interest in old country and its peoples.

Please let me know of any way in which I can be of any help in your projects.

karen saeger (View posts)
Posted: 23 Sep 2001 10:00PM GMT
Surnames: kopish - saeger
John & Mary Kopish from fort dodge iowa were my grandparents and I'm looking for any of my family.

karen saeger-kopish (View posts)
Posted: 23 Sep 2001 10:06PM GMT
Grandparents were john & mary kopish from fort dodge iowa i'm looking for and of my family would anyone please e-mail me with information....

Michelle (Kopish) Niemand (View posts)
Posted: 25 Sep 2001 8:25PM GMT
My grandparents were also John and Mary Kopish of Fort Dodge, Iowa. Please e-mail my home or call me at 515 576 6360, I would love to go over our family history with you.

Judy Porter (View posts)
Posted: 13 Jan 2002 12:54AM GMT
Surnames: Porter and Saeger
Hi Karen,
I am your cousin Judy, one of the porter twins. I believe I just located Barb.
Email me back and we'll see if it's a match
God Bless,
Judy
per page

Find a board about a specific topic