Search for content in message boards

Alexander McGillivray & Descendants

Alexander McGillvary & Descendants

Sharon Reeder Wieneke (View posts)
Posted: 911908800000
Classification: Query
Surnames: McGillvary
Re: CreekNation County
Scott, through research I have found I am a descendant of A. McGillvray. I too am looking for more info. I will be happy to share what I can. Sehoy (II)Marchand (dau of Princess Sehoy, Family of the Wind, Muscogee Tribe, m: to Capt. Louis Marchand, French Commander, Ft. Toulouse) married Lachlan McGillivray (dob: circa 1719 & came to Charleston SC 1735) from Dunmaglass, Scotland. They had 3 children - Alexander, Jeanette & Sophia. Alexander has been referred to as "Emperor of the Creeks". I believe these McGillvrays reportedly lived in the MS Territory,Washington Co., AL area. There are two books I have been told refer to the family extensively - 1) "History of Washington Co., AL" & 2) Albert James Pickett's "History of Alabama", copyright 1878.

I will close here as this is the run down up to his birth. Please contact me for further information. I am anxious to learn what you have. Thank you, Sharon Wieneke

Alexander McGillivray & Descendants

Scott Coltrain (View posts)
Posted: 911908800000
Surnames: McGillivray
I would appreciate any information on Alexander McGillivray and his descendants. I am writing a biography of McGillivray (1750-1793) and would like to have historical facts rather than legend.
Thank you.

mcgillivray

marjie (View posts)
Posted: 912168000000
Hello Scott: Great to see familiar names in your message to all. My searching has been for this same family with branching off at SOPHIA (sis of Alexander). I've studied the Pickett book on Hist of AL & found it very helpful.
I'm sure you've seen this & the many documents between Alexander & government. Is this possibly the only hard evidence on Alexander? My congrats on preparing a book.

The SOPHIA married DURLAND who probably was from area of Charleston (Charlestown) S.C. But I've not found his origin before that. No doubt, you have the info on LACHLAN from Dumnglass, do you not? Hope to continue exchanging!
Marjie

sis of Alexander`

Marjie (View posts)
Posted: 912168000000
Hi: I saw your note in response on Alexander McGillivray.

My interest jumped! Sophia, sis of Alexander, is my object of search. I've searched the Puckett book on Hist.of AL====it is great for the family search. Your posted info is right on the money, also. This is an initial "hello" & hopes of continuing contact with you & others. Thanks much

McGillivray, Marchand, Durant, McComb, Mastin, Layport

William LaPorte (View posts)
Posted: 914846400000
Edited: 1247111144000
Would like to hear from anyone researching these surnames and I have much data to exchange.

McGillivray/Durant/McComb

William LaPorte (View posts)
Posted: 914932800000
Edited: 1247111208000
I am most anxious to hear from anyone that is related to the McGillivray, Durant and McComb lines . I have lots of data that I am willing to share.

McGillivray

Evelyn (Massey) V. (View posts)
Posted: 917956800000
Edited: 1484206080000
Surnames: McGillivray, Durant, Walker
I'm related to Sophia McGillivray who married Benjamin Peter Durant. I'm from their daughter Rachel Durant line, she married third husband David Walker. I'm interested in finding information on Benjamin Durant and David Walker.
Thanks. Evelyn

Layport Family

Linda (View posts)
Posted: 918043200000
Surnames: Layport
Have a Benjamin Layport b.1832,Harrison Co. Ohio married first Susan Watts b.1835 Ohio,second married Rachel Ann Stuller b.1842 Ohio Benjamin and Susan had 5 kids and with Rachel he had 3 kids. His father was Macaslyn Layport and his mother is Sarah Rickey.Grandparents John and Mary (mcCain)Layport. Great-grandparents George and Nancy (Hevelin?) Layport. any matches

Documents on Alexander

Scott Coltrain (View posts)
Posted: 919339200000
Yes, I have examined documents between Alexander and the US and Spanish governments. I have also obtained unpublished letters of Alexander's from the Revolutionary period from the British Royal Archives.

I'd like to know about the info you possess.

MCGILLIVRY

Posted: 920635200000
Edited: 1484206025000
REFER TO OPOTHLEYAHOLA THE 3RD MESSAGE. PLEASE SHARE WITH ME WHAT YOU HAVE .
KELLIE
per page

Find a board about a specific topic