Search for content in message boards

Cuquio, Ixtlahuacan del Rio Guadalajara

Cuquio, Ixtlahuacan del Rio Guadalajara

M Cortez (View posts)
Posted: 22 Aug 2000 12:27PM GMT
I am researching the surnames: Sanchez, Diaz, Mora, Abundis (Agundis), Soto, Perez, Carrillo, Castañeda, Delgadillo, Orozco, Ruiz, Velarde Vizcarra from the places listed in my subject line. I would like to exchange information with anyone researching these names and locations.

Guadalajara Region Surnames

Posted: 24 Aug 2000 11:50PM GMT
Edited: 5 Jul 2001 2:21AM GMT
I have Delgadillo, Carrillo, Perez, Castaneda and Orozco through marriages to Frausto family. However they are in region of Chimaltitan.
I am not familiar with the geographic location other than it is near Guadalajara,Jalisco. The names I am researching are from
early 1800s to 1900s. Many Degaldillo and Carrillo names found in church records for that area of Chimaltitan,Colotlan, San Martin and
Bolanos, Jalisco. What time frame are you searching for? I'll be glad to share if the region may be common to what you are looking for.
Luis

Guadalajara region surnames

M Cortez (View posts)
Posted: 25 Aug 2000 8:12AM GMT
Hi Luis, the surnames I am researching are in the early to late 1800's. However, after looking at a map it didn't appear that Chimaltitan is close to the other towns in my research (they are all north of Guadalajara). I have not come across any of the towns you mentioned in my research thus far.

Guadalajara Region Surnames

Posted: 25 Aug 2000 9:57PM GMT
Edited: 5 Jul 2001 2:21AM GMT
M. Thanks for your reply, sorry I couldn't help.
For anyone else that may be doing ancestry research of surnames of families from the region of Chimaltitan, Jalisco. I am looking for additional information on the following surnames:
Alegria; Bogarin; Carrillo; Delgadillo; Godina; Gonzales; Grano; Haro; Jara and Sesante (Cesante) from before and after 1850. Any information is greatly appreciated and will gladly
share information I presently have. Contact me through this site or by e-mail at lfrausto@uswest.net

chimalt titlan

guzman (View posts)
Posted: 18 Feb 2001 9:13PM GMT
en nauhatl la lengua de los nativos el el valle de guadalajara mex. chimal=es escudo y tlan=lugar nombre del antiguo reyno de atemajac tal vez hay otro pueblo o rancho 1854 le canbiaron los nobres a los pueblos fary antonio tello 1650 publico un libro con mapas y los nobres originales pueblos casi todos ya estaban fundados por los indigenas los gachupines les cambiaron los nobres

chimalt titlan

guzman (View posts)
Posted: 18 Feb 2001 9:15PM GMT
en nauhatl la lengua de los nativos el el valle de guadalajara mex. chimal=es escudo y tlan=lugar nombre del antiguo reyno de atemajac tal vez hay otro pueblo o rancho 1854 le canbiaron los nobres a los pueblos fary antonio tello 1650 publico un libro con mapas y los nobres originales pueblos casi todos ya estaban fundados por los indigenas los gachupines les canmbiaron los nombres

chimalhuacan

guzman contreras (View posts)
Posted: 19 Feb 2001 8:26AM GMT
o chimalli=el reino se encontraba en gudalajara y la reyna era mujer la tribu tuexques mas ferosces de mexico un indio peleaba contra 6 espanoles segun fray antonio tello

Re: Cuquio, Ixtlahuacan del Rio Guadalajara

Marla (View posts)
Posted: 19 Sep 2001 9:18AM GMT
Classification: Query
HI, MY STEPFATHER IS A CASTANEDA AND SO ARE MY HALF SISTER AND BROTHERS...IF I CAN DO ANYTHING TO HELP, JUST LET ME KNOW

Posted: 18 Mar 2004 9:59PM GMT
Hi my name is Cecilia Margarita Velarde Ruiz, and my family is from Guadalajara. When I was little my Grand father Petronillo Velarde (not sure of his second last name),09/21/07-Dec 1991, used to tell me a story of "El burro de oro" about someone who's last name was Velarde who was not educated but became very rich then lost it all. It so happens that there is a section of town that is to this day called "La Quinta Velarde", I believe there is a museum at La Barca. Petronillo was married to Ana Maria Velasquez (not sure of her second last name), they had Alicia, Ricardo Petronilo, Carlos, Angel Javier, Ana Maria, Arturo, Victor Manuel, Mercedes Bertha, Alfredo (my father), Eduardo, and Guadalupe.
My mothers name is Luz Maria Ruiz Lorreto, and her father, Santiago Ruiz Rico, was born in Arrenal in November of 1900. I personally don't have very detailed info, but I could get info going back 3-4 generations from my brother.

Posted: 8 Sep 2008 9:33PM GMT
My name is Jose Luis Diaz from Ixtlahuacan del Rio. My father's name is Salvador Diaz and his parents were Natividad Diaz and Maria Diaz Cervantez, all from Ixtlahuacan.
per page

Find a board about a specific topic