Search for content in message boards

Broderick Ancestors

Broderick Ancestors

Ronald Broderick (View posts)
Posted: 987508800000
Classification: Query
Surnames: Broderick
Looking for any information on Brodericks. My ggrandfather, Anthony Broderick came around time of famine from Waterford, Ireland. Settled in upstate New York around Dutchess County, or Wappingers Falls, N.Y. area. Had sons Thomas Joseph (my grandfather 1869) son Edward and Martin and daughter Margaret who married and became Margaret Fee. Edward moved to (West) New Haven County, Conn. Martin had at least two sons Charles and Edward. Distant cousins in or around N.Y. area were Mathew Adrian Broderick, had a realty in Yonkers, N.Y. across from Lowes Theater mid 1900, a Dick Broderick who had a floral Shop in Getty's Square, Yonkers, N.Y. Mathew Adrian was married to a Mary. Had children, Raymond, Mathew, Harold, Mary, Irene, Ruth (who married a John Flynn was a Mayor of Yonkers, N.Y. mid 1900's. Children of Raymond were Jim. Children of Mathew were Jeff, bob and Sally. Children of Harold were Carey and Virginia. Harold had a Service Station in Yonkers, N.Y. Children of Mary were Cathy, Jim, and Mathew. Children of Ruth Flynn were Eileen and Betty Ann. Any information would be helpful.

Re: Broderick Ancestors

Posted: 1250126200000
I stumbled on your 2001 post. My name is Matthew A. Broderick and I am one of the Yonkers NY Brodericks. My gggrandfather was Peter Broderick of Dungarvan, Waterford (born around 1806) who married Mary Keily, also of Dungarvan around 1829. Peter and Mary had 6 children, one of whom was Richard, my ggrandfather. The others were Mary Margaret (born 1833), Michael (born 1836), John (born 1837), Joanna (born 1838)and Peter (born 1842). Richard emigrated prior to 1857, married Ellen Ryan (also from Waterford)and settled in Yonkers. Richard and Ellen had 11 children but only 3 survived beyond their 27th year. The survivors were Bridget Elizabeth, John R. and Matthew Aloysius (not Adrian), my grandfather. Matthew Aloysius did in fact operate a realty office on South Broadway in Yonkers across the street from the then Loews theater. Dick Broderick (a cousin)had a flower shop on Manor House Square, a short distance away. Matthew Aloysius and his wife Mary had 6 children; Raymond, Irene, Matthew Adrian I (my father), Mary, Harold, Ruth and her twin, Alma (died at a very early age). Raymond's children were Raymond Jr. and James. Irene had 5 girls; Irene, Joan, Barbara, Susan and Mary Therese. Matthew Adrian I had 4 children; Matthew Adrian II (me), Jeffery, Robert and Sara Elizabeth. Mary's children are Mary Ann, Kathlene, James and Matthew. Harold's children are Cary and Virginia. Ruth's husband, John Flynn, was a Yonkers Mayor and a State Senator. Their children are Joan, Arlene and Betty Ann. I would be very interested in learning how this might fit in with your family.

Posted: 1341565034000
Hi- My name is Sean Husserl. My mother,Marie Germaine(Demi) Husserl was Dick Broderick's daughter. Her mother,Agnes Fee died when my mother was nine. She married Dr. Franz W. Husserl,and lived in Deal,N.J.after leaving NY. I have four brothers and a sister(Laurie Kirk)and we are all on Facebook(Brett,Toby,Broderick,Daniel,Michelle,Eileen,Michael,Greer Husserl).My mother was an only child,and we were never told much about any relatives.

Posted: 1356140375000
Surnames: Broderick, Moynihan
I'm looking for information on the family of Carey Broderick and Barbara Moynihan. Based on your post it looks like Carey was the son of Harold Broderick.

Posted: 1401810869000
Hi Matthew,
I am John Glassford great grandson of Bridget Elizabeth Broderick who married Royal Eastwood Glassford in 1898 in Irvington, NY. I knew about Bridget's parents from Dungarven, Richard and Ellen, from Ellen's obituary in 1923 but did not know about Peter Broderick and Mary Keilly. My grandfather was Roy and Bea's son, John Royal Glassford who lived in Hastings-on-Hudson, NY. My mother remembers meeting 'Uncle Matt' in Hastings in the late 1950's. I have a lot of information on the Glassfords back to Kilmarnock, Scotland and would be very interested in learning more about the Brodericks. Thank you.

Re: Kilmarnock Glassfords

Posted: 1405194798000
The Kilmarnock Glassfords are a great interest of mine, specifically John Glassford, carter, son of John Glassford of Ralstonyards farm in Kilmarnock. John Jr had a relationship with Mary Humphrey of Riccarton in the 1780s-1790s which led to divorce proceedings by her then husband. Their children included Marion, Agnes, John, Elizabeth and perhaps Margaret. If there's any connection, please let me know.

Posted: 1408032770000
My ancestor, Andrew Glassford of Kilmarnock was born in 1824 and his parents were Hugh Glassford and Jean Arthur. There is probably a kinship, perhaps, one of Hugh's siblings was John.

Posted: 1423916811000
I am a descendant of Margaret Glassford (Mrs Alexander Cunningham) who is most likely the daughter of John Glassford and Mary Humphrey. I have never been able to verify that Margaret is their daughter (she died young in 1826) although her second son was John. She also had a grandaughter named Mary but Alexander Cunningham had a sister Mary so the Mary may come from the Cunningham side of the family? If you ever find out that John Glassford and Mary Humphrey DID have a daughter Margaret please let me know! Do you know who Mary Humphrey's parents were? Is Humphrey her previous husband's name or a maiden name?

Posted: 1503804149000
My husband is a direct descendant from John R. Broderick of Richard Broderick and Ellen Ryan. Richard of Peter Broderick and Mary Keily. His father was Carlfred Broderick whose father was Frederick A. Broderick and mother Napina Bartholomew. Frederick was son of John R.
If you have any information on this line we would love to know more! I've been having a really hard time trying to find records for this line.
Thank you
per page

Find a board about a specific topic