Search for content in message boards

Samuel FULLER 1810

Samuel FULLER 1810

Posted: 27 Mar 2012 7:00AM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: FULLER
Hi Everyone
I'm hoping that someone can advise me on how I can find out any details on the above Samuel Fuller.

I'm not sure as yet if he was actually living in Cuba as I only have details of him entering the USA from Barracoa

He arrived on the 13th of April 1810 to Philadelphia, Pennsylvania Port of Departure was Barracoa (sic) No country listed on the Brig Fair American.

I'm trying to connect him with Henry Fuller who was born in Pennsylvannia around 1819, Henrys first son was named Samuel and on the 1900 Census (Cleveland Ohio USA) it's stated that Henry's father was from Spain.

Also on one document I found (Civil War Enlistment) Henry is described as "Coloured". Is there anyway to check on any "Fuller's" living in Cuba or details on Samuel leaving Cuba on the Fair American, Census records or anything that would help join the dots so to speak. Kindest regards Dianna from Australia

Re: Samuel FULLER 1810

Posted: 27 Mar 2012 8:14PM GMT
Due to the fact that Cuba is a communist country and the dictator in Cuba won't let any of the important genealogy information that the Churches and civil registration in Cuba has to be online, it's very difficult to obtain information on your ancestor. Below is a link to a company that can get you any type of old papers from Cuba, but it's not cheap.
http://cubacityhall.com/

According to this Cuban genealogy website there's quite a bunch of Fuller in Cuba.
http://www.cubagenweb.org/ships/php/pass_search.php?in_surna...

Good Luck!

Re: Samuel FULLER 1810

Posted: 27 Mar 2012 9:49PM GMT
Hi Gabriel
Thank you very much for your reply and response, so dissapointing to hear about the records being so restricted. I was surprised to see so many Fuller's on the shipping list you sent. These of course a little later than Samuel and of course I don't know if he went back to Cuba. It's all very early in the research yet to know whether I'm going in the right direction. Anyway time will tell kind regards Dianna
per page

Find a board about a specific topic