Search for content in message boards

parents of Ziba Hunt born 1746

parents of Ziba Hunt born 1746

Dianne Carlton (View posts)
Posted: 991137600000
Classification: Query
Edited: 993310358000
Surnames: Hunt, Partridge, Blount
Iam looking for the parents of Ziba Hunt. The father moved from Plym. Mass. to Groton Conn. Ziba was born 1-4-1746 in Conn. His father drowned and his mother remarried a John Partridge of Conn. I believe Ziba was born in New London county. I have photos of Ziba's two sons Walter and George and their wives taken very late in life. I am a reenactor of the Rev. War period stuck in Texas! Willing to share copies of the photos. Thanks in advance for any info about Mr. or Mrs. Hunt.

Re: parents of Ziba Hunt born 1746

Posted: 998060522000
Surnames: Hunt, Patridge
Ziba Hunt was born in Duxbury, MA, the son of Asa and Sarah (Partridge) Hunt. You can find his ancestry at
http://worldconnect.rootsweb.com/cgi-bin/igm.cgi?op=GET&...

Please e-mail me at jconk668@clarityconnect.com
I would love to see those pictures; I am a descendant of Ziba through his son Lemuel.

Deborah Bay (View posts)
Posted: 998064078000
Surnames: Hunt, Partridge, Deming
Dianne, I am a descendant of Ziba Hunt also. My line continues through his son Walter, Walter's son Jason Ziba, Jason's son Charles Walter, and Charles's son Robert (my grandfather). The family tree link someone provided in another posting is one I uploaded (I hope to update it soon).

I would love to have a copy of the pictures of Walter and George (especially Walter; his wife was Susanna Deming). Please email me and let me know how to obtain copies. And thanks so much for posting your offer! It's always fun to find new cousins.

Roberta Robbins (View posts)
Posted: 1003605438000
Surnames: Hunt
Hi Dianne. I am descended from Ziba Hunt through his son Walter Hunt and his son Alonzo Hunt. There is a wonderful website http://homepages.rootsweb.com/~huntpage/edmun001.htm which date the Hunt family line back to Edmund Hunt born in 1610 in England.

I would love to see the photos you mentioned. You can e-mail me at fas1863@aol.com. Thanks so much. Roberta Robbins.

Re: Ziba Hunt born 1746

Posted: 1003716068000
Edited: 1041870832000
. Ziba HUNT. Born on 4 Jan 1745/6 in Fairfield, Fairfield Co, Connecticut. Ziba died in Northampton, Montgomery Co, New York on 10 Sep 1820; he was 75. Buried in Clarksville Cemetery, Edinburgh, Saratoga Co, New York. I believe he is the son of Asa HUNT and Sarah PARTRIDGE. Sarah is daughter of George and granddaughter of John PARTRIDGE, also my ancestor. Does anyone have any PARTRIDGE info that might help me?

In "History of Norwich Ct" by Caulkins; pg. 391, "In 1779, a company under
Capt Ebenezer Lathrop, and another under Capt. Ziba Hunt of Newent,performed
tours of duty at New London. 14 Jul 1756 guardianship given to Ziba'smother.

Ziba married Joanna BLOUNT. Born on 25 Nov 1748 in Preston-Griswold, New London, Connecticut.

Terrie Robbins (View posts)
Posted: 1041610138000
I am also looking for photos of Walter Hunt. Please advise if someone will share.
Thanks

Deborah Bay (View posts)
Posted: 1041815440000
Surnames: Hunt, Partridge, Blount, Deming, Steele
Dianne, I never heard back from you about the pictures of Walter and George Hunt (sons of Capt. Ziba Hunt). Are they still available? Also, do you need information about Capt. Ziba's ancestors? I am willing to share my research. Would love to hear from you!

brenda lipps (View posts)
Posted: 1136492066000
Surnames: Hunt
I am a descendant if Ziba Hunt my mother was a Hunt and I am searching for any information on him. I als would like to see pictures of walter Hunt if you could share with me I will share any information I have on the Hunt family.

Posted: 1203478049000
I would appreciate it if I could get a copy of the photo of Walter Hunt and his wife. That is a 4 Great grandparents of my wife.

Thanks

Posted: 1271639606000
Hi Diane,
I realize this is a very late response to your posting of 2001, but I would love a copy of the photos of Ziba's sons Walter and George, although I am descended from his son William.
Thanks!
per page

Find a board about a specific topic