Search for content in message boards

fitzgerald drama

fitzgerald drama

Posted: 18 Feb 2009 5:34AM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: fitzgerald, reed, reid, fitzgaril, reeves, read
thank you very much for your information. However it helps reaffirm my delima. Eliz. Brown is Perry fitzgerald b. 1827's wife. they have kids mary and sam by 1850. she however DIES in 1854, then she cannot be having her child james fitzgerald born 1.8.1855, and perry does not remarry until december of 1856,but there is clearly a james born 1855ish in the census records with perry and lucy ann ashley the second wife....so.........either first wifes death date is wrong, james birth date is wrong, elizabeth brown not the mother, lucy ann ashley has child before married perry whether it was his or not, or their wedding date is wrong,or I am crazy as a loon. i'm not sure which one is more maddening - the crazy or the question?
terri-don't know WHO my great great great is.........

Re: fitzgerald drama

Posted: 19 Feb 2009 11:18AM GMT
The marriage date that you have is wrong. The Ga Virtual Vault has images of the orignal marriages of some counties, one of which is Pulaski. If you look at the Pulaski Marriage Records for 1855-1869, page 6, you will find that Perry and Miss Lucy Ann Ashley were married Dec 30, 1855. If the dob and death of death you have came from the same source as the marriage date you may want to verify them. If one is wrong all could be wrong. Plus you would be surprised at the number of people who didn't know their correct birth year.

Bernice

Posted: 19 Feb 2009 11:41AM GMT
thank you for the heads up on the wrong marriage date for perry and lucy/--I am going to try to get a copy of some records form james fitz today to see who is listed as parents on birth/death/whatever from vital records. It's just that the birth date of him is listed everywhere but now I am forced to question it because it causes chaos- even if perry and lucy married in dec 1855 that still puts eliz brown being mom and some of those dates wrong- I am just being annally thorough bcz I am writing a book that will be finished in 22 years........maybe:)

Posted: 23 Feb 2009 9:10PM GMT
Terri, I tried to send you copy's of James and Nancy's death certificates. But it was returned. James's Death certificate shows he was 78 years old when he died. that would have him born in 1855 Please e-mail me a good e-mail address and I will send send you the copy.

Jack Fitzgerald

Posted: 23 Feb 2009 11:11PM GMT
thank you so much- my email address is castleberry6@hotmail.com - I hope it has "that baby daddy" listed on there!!!!!! even if it doesn't I would still like a copy- that will confirm birthdate.
thanks again
terri
per page

Find a board about a specific topic