Search for content in message boards

Perry family from Minton (1930)

Perry family from Minton (1930)

Posted: 18 Sep 2011 11:53PM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: Perry
I would like to visit with any Perry descendants listed in this 1930 census. I believe we are related. They came from Shellsburg,IA.

Ira O Perry Male- Age 53;
Adia Perry Female- Age 41wife; and children
Alpha Perry Female- Age 21;
Mary E Perry Female- Age 19;
Audria Perry Female- Age 17;
Fern Perry Female- Age 10;
Ira Perry Male- Age 3;
Mason Perry Male- Age 48 (brother to 1st) Ira

Re: Perry family from Minton (1930)

Posted: 9 Oct 2011 11:00PM GMT
Fern Perry (1919-1994) married Byron T. Miller (1913-1999).
My grandmother was Hazel Miller Liberty and Byron was her brother. They are buried in the Rulo Cemetery.

Posted: 10 Oct 2011 12:58AM GMT
Fern's grandfather is James M Perry, moved from Shellsburg, born in Indiana,, correct? James would be a brother to our great grandfather George Monroe. and Mary Perry Mather Goolsby is a sister to James & George.....

Posted: 10 Oct 2011 2:20AM GMT
You are correct about Fern's grandfather. I have not followed her tree far enough to know about James's siblings. You are saying he had a brother George Monroe Perry, and a sister Mary Perry Mather Goolsby. Thank you I did not have this.

Posted: 10 Oct 2011 12:15PM GMT
I have been trying to find out the death place/dates of their parents.....Do you have a picture of James, by chance???

Posted: 10 Oct 2011 6:15PM GMT
Green Willis Goolsby (1869-1913) m 1893: Addie Leora Bryan (1878-1942).
Goolsby & Bryan families from Holt co MO & Richardson co NE.
Addie Bryan was sister of my grandfather, Clarence J Bryan.

Any connection?

Posted: 10 Oct 2011 6:41PM GMT
I don't really know alot about the Goolsby side of the family yet..But with the same name and location my guess is there is a connection..

Posted: 18 Feb 2012 5:52AM GMT
Surnames: Perry, Gordon, Goolsby, Mather
Hi Ronnie,
I am the great, great granddaughter to Mary Ann Perry Mather Goolsby. She married James Calvin Goolsby and had three more children with him, Martha Elizabeth Goolsby Chaney (Buried at Mt. Hope, Mound City, MO), James Marion Goolsby (Buried at Rulo, NE), and my great grandmother, Ella Mae Goolsby Gordon (Buried at Humboldt, NE). Mary Ann Perry Mather Goolsby is bured at Mt. Auburn Cemetery in St. Joseph next to her grandson Cyril Goolsby Gordon and her son Ed Mather. She was first bured at Forest City Cemetery, but was moved at a later date by her daughter. I do not have much information on Mary Perry. According to family history there is a a family bible, but no one knows who has it. If you ever find out any information on Mary Perry Goolsby, please share it.
Thank you.
Angie Bowness

Posted: 18 Feb 2012 12:48PM GMT
Would you have any photos of Mary Perry or her children?

Posted: 27 Aug 2012 9:30PM GMT
No I do not have any photos of Mary Perry. I do have pictures of her daughter, Ella Mae (my great grandmother). There are public pics on my public family tree of Ella. Please feel free to copy them.
Best Regards,
Angie B.
per page

Find a board about a specific topic