Search for content in message boards

Dykstra and Doornbos

Dykstra and Doornbos

Jeanne (View posts)
Posted: 1003629634000
Classification: Query
Surnames: Dykstra & Doornbos
My grandfather's parents were Jacob Dijkstra (b. abt 1847 Uithuizen, d. 1921 Michigan, USA) and Elizabeth Doornbos (b. unk, d. 1917 Groningen, NL) I have reached a dead end with every search engine, LDS site, Ancestry.com, Genealogy.com, and query message boards trying to find out more about them, ie marriage date, parents names, actual birthdates, etc. I don't understand why I have been able to find my grandmother's family so easily and nothing on Grandpa's. Can anybody help me?

Re: Dykstra and Doornbos

Linda (View posts)
Posted: 1032302921000
I don't personally have any of these people in my tree. I don't know where you live but if your ancestors were in Michigan you might try to find some sources in the Holland, Mich. area
I am told that Hope College in Holland, Mi. has a lot of records, also the Herrick Library in Holland has a geneology
dept. You might also try the Library of Michigan in Lansing,Mi. Hope this is of some help.

Linda (View posts)
Posted: 1032303268000
In connection with previous message, you might also try to
find records of the Reformed Church of Michigan or the
Christian Reformed Church.

Peter (View posts)
Posted: 1032508860000
Classification: Lookup
Surnames: Dijkstra Doornbos Bloem Oost
Hi Jeanne,

On the GenLias-site (www.genlias.nl, free registration) I found the marriage of two children of Jacob and Elizabeth.

1. wedding in Oude Pekela (Groningen), act 37, Aug. 13, 1912
Husband: Tjeerd Dijkstra, 28 yr, born Kantens (Groningen)
son of Jacob Dijkstra and Elizabeth Doornbos
Wife: Aaltje Bloem, 24 yr, born Oude Pekela (Groningen)
daughter of Pieter Bloem and Anna Kuilman

2. wedding in Baflo (Groningen), act 22, Nov. 23, 1916
Husband: Engel Oost, 40 yr, born Norg (Drente)
son of hendrik Oost and Antje de Jong
Wife: Trijntje Dijkstra, 25 yr, born Kantens (Groningen)
daughter of Jacob Dijkstra and Alizabeth Doornbos
Trijntje already had a child

The wedding-acts of Kantens, where Jacob and Elizabeth probably married, are not yet available on GenLias. I suppose you can find them there within a few months, information is added regularly.

Succes, Peter

Posted: 1411349414000
Surnames: Elizabeth Doornbos, Jacob Dijkstra (Dykstra), Johanna Dijkstra (Dykstra), Elizabeth Berghuis
My name is Maribeth Vander Weele and my mother, Elizabeth Berghuis Vander Weele, was the daughter of Johanna Dijkstra (Dykstra), the daughter of Jacob Dijkstra and Elizabeth Doornbos. Do you still need information on Jacob and Elizabeth? I have posted a family tree on ancestry.com in the United States. It is located here:

http://trees.ancestry.com/tree/27498384/family

Who were your parents? I have a photo of the Dijkstra sisters and there is a gentleman named Bob Dykstra in Ohio, USA, who has reseached this tree extensively. My email address is maribeth@vanderweelegroup.com

Posted: 1430763533000
A great-great uncle, Berend Keizer, married Annechien Doornbos in Scheemda, Groningen, Netherlands, on 27 Mar 1875. Here's a link to information on Wiewaswie.nl: https://www.wiewaswie.nl/en/search/search-results/record-det...

Includes her parents' names.

Posted: 1462826855000
Try the following website. My father's mother's family came from Groningen. I've been doing a lot of research. I use the Allegroningers website since it is strictly documentation for the province of Groningen and if I have no success there I go to the WieWasWie website. The allegroningers website is nice because you can do a two person search.

http://www.allegroningers.nl/

I entered Jacob Dijkstra and then Doornbos as the second person. This is what I came up with. I believe this is who you are looking for. I open a Dutch to English translator to help with this website but I'm getting used to the basic Dutch words now. This is their wedding document. As you can see it gives a lot of information.

Huwelijk (Marriage) 27-10-1883 Kantens
Bruidegom (Bridegroom) Jacob Dijkstra, boerenknecht (farmhand)
Geboren (Birthplace) Uithuizen

Vader bruidegom (father of Bridegroom) Tjeerd Frederiks Dijkstra

Moeder bruidegom (mother of Bridegroom) Trijntje Johannes Schutanus

Bruid (bride) Elizabeth Doornbos, dienstmeid (maid)
Geboren (birthplace) Garsthuizen gem. Stedum

Vader bruid (father of bride) Klaas Jans Doornbos, daglooner

Moeder bruid (mother of bride) Angenis Leenderts Veldhuis

-

Diversen bruidegom 37 jaar (bridegroom is 37 years old); bruid 21 jaar (bride is 21 years old)
Bron Huwelijksregister Kantens 1883 (Marriage register Kantens 1883)
Aktenummer 12 (record number 12).

Hope this helps you.
per page

Find a board about a specific topic