Search for content in message boards

family tree of tovia

family tree of tovia

katerina tovia (View posts)
Posted: 27 Sep 2003 12:17PM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: tovia
my dad's family is based in savaaii from the village of falealepo. Grandparents Malia and tovia.
Help anyone

Re: family tree of tovia

Posted: 28 Feb 2007 8:30PM GMT
Surnames: MALIA, TOVIA
Talofa/Hello:

In the village Falealepo (Savai'i, Samoa) there is Tovia as a forename and there is TOVIA as a surname or matai title.

Do you know if the aiga/Family went under a matai title? If so, do you know original surname of the aiga/Family to which you'd like info for?

I've tried searching for a surname MALIA but have only MALIA on the island of Tonga. Is your grandparent a descendant from Tonga?

Can you give the full names of your grandparents? Unless, of course, they're still living then I can direct you to boards/lists that can be of better service for your quest.

Manuia/Regards,
--Manaia

Posted: 23 Dec 2007 7:19AM GMT
Hi there
Thanks for your reply.

Tovia is the matai name my family has.
My grandfather surname is Moananu Lamosa.
I'm not too sure on my grandmas surname - but I think its Ah Chong. My grandma dad was Chinese.

Any links would be great.

Posted: 7 Mar 2008 9:51AM GMT
Surnames: LAMOSA, MOANANU, TOVIA
Talofa/Hello:

Just back online after two-and-a-half-month long computer crash - sorry!

Are your grandparents still living? If so, most likely why I'm unable to find their names.

Which is the surname... MOANANU? LAMOSA?

Do you have first name of your grandma? or your grandma's dad's name? How did he arrive on Savai'i?

Manuia/Regards,
--Manaia

Posted: 7 Jun 2012 1:39AM GMT
Surnames: tovia
hi my name is nicholas tovia my dads name is faliniko tovia my grandads name is feono tovia i whated 2 know my famly
per page

Find a board about a specific topic