Search for content in message boards

Solis El Soliseno Ranch

Solis El Soliseno Ranch

Posted: 27 Apr 2010 4:49AM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: Solis, Garcia
I've recently started researching my family ancestry and have come to a bump along the way. I've noticed that my Great-Grandfather, Trinidad Lozano Solis' Father was born in El Soliseno abt 1879. His name is Santos Garcia Solis and his wife is Viviana M. Solis. I know for a fact my Solis family is from the Ranch b/c we have photos and family that presently live on the ranch; however, I have not met them, nor do I know the names of these individuals. A cousin recently travelled to El Soliseno. I have photos, which I need to upload, that might help.

So far I have Santos' parents as Francisco and Josefa, but not sure if that's correct.

Re: Solis El Soliseno Ranch

Posted: 22 Jun 2010 3:13AM GMT
Surnames: Soliz
Hi Madelyn,
My name is John Vela, I am Veronica Soliz's husband. I posted up my family tree with some info on the Soliz side. I helped Juan Soliz and we're still in the dark about Santos' Grandparents. We felt that there were some odd things so that's what we've deduced. Any info you have would be appreciated.
Thanks,
John Vela

Posted: 28 Aug 2010 12:56AM GMT
I apologize for the late response. I've been in school and it has compromised the majority of my time. I appreciate your response and I hope that you and I can work with one another in the near future. Do you happen to have photographs of El Soliseno Ranch? Like I said, I haven't been on ancestry lately and so I'm unaware of any photos you may have. Again, thank you so much and it's so nice to meet someone with a connection!!!

Madelyn

Posted: 11 Oct 2010 8:46PM GMT
Surnames: cantu, flores, salinas, saenz, villarreal, garcia, lopez, treviƱo, rubalcaba, serna, barrera, contreras, zarate, gonzalez
My name is David Cantú, my father was raised in La Grulla Texas, The eastern part of La Grulla was called Los Solis it led to El Rancho Soliseño. I too am looking for answers, lets compare and see if we can match our facts. The names in our family tree; cantu, flores, salinas, saenz, villarreal, garcia, lopez, treviño, guerra, rubalcaba, serna, barrera, contreras, zarate, gonzalez

Posted: 27 Aug 2011 5:05AM GMT
Soliseno genealogy
Map to El Soliseño · History of El ... Slide Show 2- Windows & Doors of El Soliseño ... You will find family history and genealogy in the El Soliseño Blog Center. ...
juanlsoliz.tripod.com/_http___juanlsoliz_tripod_com_solisenoblogs.html

Posted: 27 Aug 2011 5:08AM GMT
Hola prima. check my website out. I gave Angelita all the information sometime back to give to you.

Posted: 9 Sep 2011 2:35AM GMT
the individuals you need to meet are blanca banavides solis and ruben benavides solis 2 siblings which are desendants from the original founding family left at el soliseno. do hurry if you intend to visit with them they are getting older.

Posted: 17 Dec 2011 8:13PM GMT
I have a Solis family tree going back to Maria Gertrudis Hinojosa and Juan Jose Solis. Their son Jose Antonio maried Josefa Vela. The ranch on my tree is connected to Valerio Solis, married to Dolores Gonzalez. I'm trying to locate Trinidad, Santos and Viviana, but have to go to my Ancestry tree. Information is on Flores Family Tree and also on Juan Lopez tree. Check out those tree to see if you might find info you can use.
Judy

Posted: 19 Dec 2011 4:47PM GMT
Surnames: Solis, Garcia
David, there is a 1900 Census for a Santos Solis, born in 1849, with parents Francisco, born 1849, Josefa, born 1854, with children Santos, 20, born 1879; siblings Facunda, Prajedes, Seferino, and Lalo. Living in Cameron, Texas. Neighbors Benito Garcia, wife Francisca; also Jose Garcia, wife Cruz. Also a 1920 census for Santos Solis, wife "Vivianne", children Carolina, Elvira, Irena, living in Justice Precinct 2, Willacy, Texas. A 1930 census for Santos G. Solis (reported as "Rantas"), born in Mexico; wife Viviana L. children Trinidad, Carolina, ELvira, Rafael, Salvador, Sarina,Juan, Benilde; neighbors Manuel Garcia, 32, Lidia H., 25, all living in Precinct 1, Kleberg, Texas

Posted: 19 Dec 2011 4:50PM GMT
See my reply to David
per page

Find a board about a specific topic