Search for content in message boards

Graingers of Horry County

Graingers of Horry County

Gale Stanley Grainger (View posts)
Posted: 2 May 2000 12:00PM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: Grainger, Sarvis
Would like to hear from anyone researching the Graingers of Horry County, SC and Columbus County, NC. Have extensive list and need help putting families together. Especially need parents/spouses of William Henry Harrison Grainger c.1845; Charles Ayres Grainger c.1880-1885; Thomas W. Grainger c.1830-1835; Thomas B. Grainger c.1785; Theston A. Grainger b.7-19-1919; Levi Grainger c.1835-1845; Joshua Grainger c.1702; Joseph M. Grainger c.April 1874; John C. Grainger c.1877; Furney Grainger c.1765; and Fredrick I. Grainger c.1816; just to name a few. Will be happy to trade information.

Sarvis/Grainger Horry County, S.C.

Posted: 29 Apr 2001 12:00PM GMT
Edited: 3 Apr 2004 11:44PM GMT
Surnames: Sarvis
Gale I'm doing research on my family in Horry County S.C. I have some info on Grainger in my genealogy. Don't know if it may help but this is what I have...Minnie Mae Sarvis married Ferdinand Grainger is buried at Mt Zion cemetery. There children are Austin Earl Grainger, Jesse Howard Grainger, Edgar Grainger, Dorothy Grainger, and Samuel Joseph Grainger. Have birthdates and death dates if you need that on the parents. Also spouses of the children. If this can help let me know and I will share all info I have. My maiden name is Sarvis and my parents, grandparents and greatgrandparents were all borned and raised in Horry county. They are also buried there...Wait to hear from you.

Graingers

Gale Grainger (View posts)
Posted: 25 May 2001 12:00PM GMT
Surnames: Grainger, Sarvis, Buffkin, Goodyear
Thanks Caroline. Already had that information. Just need it on the Graingers. If anyone out there can help it would be most appreciated.

Thomas W Grainger

Edited: 15 Jul 2001 7:33AM GMT
Surnames: Inman, Norris, Todd, Brown, Montgomery, Thompkins, Grainger
Thomas W Grainger c 1824 - c 1867 married Martha Caroline/Carolyn Todd d/o John Todd and Semily Carter. Don't know his parents, but Grandmother was Argent Grainger.
Edited: 25 Jul 2001 10:19PM GMT
Surnames: Sarvis of Conway
I don't think I have any information that might help you, but I was wondering if u could help me. I am looking for a family that lived at Savannah Bluff section on what is now Holt Road running off 544 almost adjacent to the 501 by pass. At that time it was just an old dirt road that ran to the Fleminngs about a mile from the highway.

The Sarvis family that lved on that road, about the 5th house on the left of the rodad. They had at least two children as I remember. One was a girl named Pamela Sarvis. She was in the 4th grade when I knew her. This was back in the late 40s. Their house burned down and I was there when they came home and found the ashes of their home. I have never seen nor heard from this family since that time. I would certainly appreciate any information that would help me find them.

Thanks

Bob
aka Robert Causey)

Pamela or Pamlea Sarvis

Posted: 26 May 2001 12:00PM GMT
Edited: 25 Jul 2001 10:19PM GMT
Surnames: Sarvis
Hi Wanda,

No I don't have any idea what Pamela's parent's names were. I might can find out from some of my older siblings, don't know. As I recall, Pamela was in the 4th grade when I was in the 7th, so I guess she should be about 61 years of age now. Her name was pronounced Pom a lee during her growing up years, not sure how she spelled it.

I will see if I can find out her parents names and get back too u.

Thanks so much for your help.

Bob Causey

ps

Pamela would have known me as Robert.
Posted: 26 May 2001 12:00PM GMT
Edited: 3 Apr 2004 11:44PM GMT
Hey Bob,I will be glad to ask my grandmother about Pamela Sarvis. As for myself I don't recall any of our relatives that had a daughter named Pamela. Do you recall what her parents names are? Also have you tired looking up in old newspapers that may have wrote about the fire? We do have relatives in that area. I'll do my best to see what I can find out for you. Will stay in touch. Wanda Sarvis Vongmongkol

Re: Graingers of Horry County

Posted: 21 Oct 2001 1:09AM GMT
Edited: 29 Nov 2001 1:47AM GMT
Surnames: Buffkin Grainger
looking for information on Sallie Grainger who married Alfred or Alford D. Buffkin from around the Green Sea area of Horry County. Some time around 1880 and 1890. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks.

Re: Pamela or Pamlea Sarvis

Kim Lea Miller (View posts)
Posted: 27 Oct 2001 8:54PM GMT
Hi, I am Pomalee Sarvis's Daughter. Please contact me for info.

Re: Pamela or Pamlea Sarvis

Posted: 7 Nov 2001 7:49PM GMT
Edited: 20 Feb 2003 7:03PM GMT
Hi,

My name is Robert Causey. I grew up right outside of Conwqy, SC and knew the Sarvis family when Pomalea was in grade school. Their house burned down when she was in about the 4th grade. I never heard from any of the family since that time.

I keep coming accross the Sarvis name in my genealogy research and just wondered what ever happened to the family.

You can reach me at the following email address:

"rcausey1@sc.rr.com".

I live in Columbia, SC.

Bob
per page

Find a board about a specific topic