Search for content in message boards

Quinonez/Rodriquez in Yoquivo, Chihuahua, Mexico

Quinonez/Rodriquez in Yoquivo, Chihuahua, Mexico

Patsy (View posts)
Posted: 1067816371000
Classification: Query
Surnames: Quinionez/Rodriquez in Yoquivo, Chihuahua, Mexico
I am searching for information on Maria Zeferina Quinonez born abt 1869 who was a teacher in Yoquivo, Chihuahua, Mexico. Parents are Efutacio Quinionez & Maria Cipriana Rodriquez. Married Jose Cenobio Francisco de Jesus Mendoza in Cushiriachic, Chihuahua, Mexico.

Thank You
Patsy

Re: Quinonez/Rodriquez in Yoquivo, Chihuahua, Mexico

luis alejandro (View posts)
Posted: 1070211387000
all i could tell you is that there is a very old cementery and i saw a couple of tumbs with last names of quiñonez from the 1800s, am not sure if you which yoquivo you mean, there are like 3 throughout the state of chihuahua, the one am talking about is in the municipality of ocampo which is an old mining town, only 3 or 5 families live there, i was there recently nov. 27-28 of 2003. please let me know what exactly are u searching and maybe i could help, i speak spanish more fluently

Patsy (View posts)
Posted: 1070247939000
I believe that is the one I am searching for. My grandmother said her mother would also talk about a town called Pinos Altos. The Yoquivo was a definate place documents said she was from. My greatgrandmother was a school teacher in the Yoquivo, Chihuahua area. What else can you tell me about the town or a Rancho of Yoquivo. I have had very little luck in finding out information. I would be interested in any dates with the Quinonez & Rodriquez cemetery surname. The names are Efutacio Quinonez & Maria Cipriana Rodriquez are names I am searching for. Thank you for you help it is appreciated.

Thank You,

Patsy

Luis Alejandro (View posts)
Posted: 1070502029000
first, let me tell you that am quite impressed with your tree, it is impressing... i notieces that you have iformantion from satevo, near the batopilas region where there is another town with the name yoquivo which i never have been too. you mentioned pinos altos in ocampo, that i know too, and in that same municipality there is the Yoquivo i know, it is a ghost town... in the middle of nowwhere. access is very limited, the only way to get there is 4x4, horseback or in a cessna, the reason i went there was to see some ranches and to see the cemenary which is saiid to be ineteresting. nicest landscapes i've ever seen but very cold. if you really are interested in dates u should go and i would recommend for u to take a shovel since many graves are already underground.i dont think that you'll find written records or anything in a town like this, i don't remember much about names and dates but like i said it seems that i saw a quinonez dating from 1800s. it is very hard to find that place, no signs or directions, asking locals and amap is the best way, let me know if i can helpyou with anything else

Dan Luce (View posts)
Posted: 1146788495000
This must be the Yoquivo in Ocampo Municipality near San Juanito. I have used the civil registration records from there which go back to the 1890's.

Re: Thomas Williams buried in Yoquivo, Chihuahua, Mexico near Ocampo

Posted: 1433785999000
Surnames: Williams
Dear Luis,
My Great Grandfather Thomas Williams is supposed to be buried in Yoquivo, near the mining area of Ocampo in Chihuahua. He died @1939 and may be buried with his 3rd wife, Angela Martinez.
I would very much love to get a photo of his stone, if there is one.
My Email address is shayengine@msn.com
Thanks for ANY help you can provide!
Max
per page

Find a board about a specific topic