Search for content in message boards

Jolicoeur

Jolicoeur

Posted: 5 Mar 2012 2:16AM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: Jolicoeur, Robert, Byron
I found out a lot of new things today about my paternal Great-Grandmother. I would like to know more about her. Here is what I have. She was born in 1868 as Rose De Lima Byron. Married my paternal Great Grandfather Cleophas Robert. He died in 1910. She remarried on April 29 1911 to a widower Alphonse Jolicoeur who had two children: Amile and Engene (Eugene). Ferris, Nipissing - Astroville, Nipissing Her name was changed to 'Delima'. On the married cert to Alphonse, she's known as Delima Robert.

Re: Jolicoeur

Posted: 5 Mar 2012 7:25AM GMT

You likely have this.

1911 census Ferris Nipissing
JOLICOEUR
Alphonse, Oct 1864, 47, b Ontario, housebuilder?
Delima, April 1868, 43, Quebec
Emile, Jan 1897, 14, Ont
Eugene, Sept 1899, 12, Ont
ROBERT
Alice, May 1897, 14, Ont,
Eva, Sept 1900,11 Ont, b Nipissing
Arthur, June 1902,9 Ont, b Nipissing
Henri, Nov 1905, 6,Ont born Sault Ste Marie

Eugene was in WW1 and on his attestation form gives next of kin as father Alphonse of Callander. There is nothing to say he was killed in the war. Signed up 1916.

1911 is the last census released.

It doesn't give any cause of death for Cleophus.

Alice Robert married 7 March 1914 to Bernard Ambrose Matthews. She was living in Astorville and mother was still alive.
Eva married 13 Oct 1911 to Edmond Landry. She was living in Haileybury.

I don't see a death for Alphonse or Delima.

Posted: 5 Mar 2012 5:21PM GMT
Thank you. Very helpful.
Cleophas is my paternal Great-Grandfater.
Henri Robert born in 1905 is my paternal Grandfather.

I have some information about Alice and Bernard. My uncle mentioned that Bernie was very abusive to Alice. They had one daughter Irene. I just spoke to my dad this morning. My parents when to Irene's funeral service 5 years ago. She lived in or near Buckinghham, Quebec. Irene married a Raymond and they have one child. I have to do some research.

I have two photos of Eva on my tree.

Posted: 10 Mar 2012 12:04AM GMT
I found the death information for Delima Robert/Jolicoeur. I have it posted on my family tree.

Ontario, Canada, Deaths, 1869-1938 and Deaths Overseas, 1939-1947 about Delima Jolicoeur

1918 - died of cancer at age 51
per page

Find a board about a specific topic