Search for content in message boards

Emma Etta Crisp (Mcmurry) looking for anything on her

Emma Etta Crisp (Mcmurry) looking for anything on her

dorothy (View posts)
Posted: 15 Nov 2001 4:23PM GMT
Classification: Query
Edited: 15 Jul 2005 11:38PM GMT
Surnames: CRISP, McMURRY
sh is from hope idaho,,she is indain ,,im looking to see if she is a reg, indain (blackfoot) shes from 1800s,she married a lenard mcmurry i beleive..

Re: Emma Etta Crisp (Mcmurry) looking for anything on her

Darryl McMurry (View posts)
Posted: 19 Feb 2002 3:15PM GMT
I may have some information. Email me at dmcmurry@pmt.org

Janet French Crisp (View posts)
Posted: 29 Nov 2002 9:41PM GMT
Edited: 15 Jul 2005 11:38PM GMT
Surnames: CRISP, McMURRAY, DAILEY
Hi, We are related. Emma Etta (Dailey)Crisp was the wife of Marion Sylvester Crisp. They also had a daughter named Emma Etta and she is the one who I believe married a McMurray. I am in the process of gathering info on this family. Would like to exchange info. They had no Native American blood as far as I know but can't say for sure.
Janet French Crisp

Janet French Crisp (View posts)
Posted: 1 Dec 2002 10:51PM GMT
Surnames: Crisp, McMurray, Spaley
Correction to what I posted the other day. Didn't have my notes in front of me. There were 3 girls of Marion Sylvester Crisp that married Mc Murray's. They were Effie Edith married E.F. McMurray on 6 May 1908, Lura A. married Harvey L. McMurray on 1 Feb 1906 and Maxine married Ernest Floyd McMurray. Emma Etta Crisp married A. E. Spaley from what I have in my notes.

Posted: 16 Nov 2005 9:34AM GMT
Edited: 19 Nov 2005 3:37PM GMT
Surnames: McMURRAY, CRISP
Emma Etta was my ggm. Two of her daughters married McMurrays (Effie Edith and Lura). My gmother was Effie Edith Crisp who married Ernest Floyd McMurray. Effie Edith and Ernest divorced after three children (one my mother). Effie went on to remarry approx 7 times. Sometime (my mother said after the last marrige -don't know when) Effie changed her name to Maxine Crisp - not to be confused with a younger cousin, Maxine Crisp, born in Hope, ID.

Posted: 16 Nov 2005 9:40AM GMT
Edited: 19 Nov 2005 3:37PM GMT
Surnames: CRISP, DAILEY, BROWN, STALEY
Emma Etta Crisp, daughter of Emma Etta (Dailey) Crisp, married Clyde Brown. I show 4 children. Then she married Archibald Staley. I show Emma as b: Apr 19, 1883; d. Apr 1980 in Wanatchee, WA

Posted: 27 Sep 2006 12:25AM GMT
Edited: 30 Sep 2006 7:09PM GMT
Surnames: CRISP, DAILEY
emma etta crisp is emma etta dailey.. im still looking for emma daileys parents william and unknow the mom is choctaw indain and william and wife were killed ...do you know any thing about them.....dotty

Posted: 28 Sep 2006 12:32AM GMT
Edited: 30 Sep 2006 7:10PM GMT
Surnames: Crisp, Dailey, Martin
I think you may have the wrong person. Emma Etta Crisp is the daughter of Emma Etta Dailey and Marion Sylvester Crisp. I have documentation to prove it including censuses, cemetery records, etc. Emma Etta Dailey's father was Solomon but I don't know who her mother was. There is a couple of geds on the internet showing a Emma Augusta Dailey born 15 Aug 1857 to William Major Dailey and Nancy Martin.

It seems very strange that this Emma is born 15 Aug 1857 and my Emma Etta Dailey is born 15 Aug 1858. That birth date was taken from her gravestone which she shares with Marion Sylvester Crisp. She was listed as born Oct 1857 on the 1900 census.

Hope this helps you straighten out the Emma's. Good luck on your search.
Janet

dorothy (View posts)
Posted: 28 Sep 2006 4:09AM GMT
Surnames: crisp
yes this is the right emma that has the father solomon..i have the 2 emmasalso but talking with family it is solomon that im looking for info on, and his indain wife or lover im told her name might have been mary. emma etta crisp is my great great grand mother some where in that area is indain and im trying to figure it out...so im trying to locate that info.....dotty

Janet Crisp (View posts)
Posted: 28 Sep 2006 3:33PM GMT
Edited: 30 Sep 2006 7:10PM GMT
Surnames: CRISP, DAILEY
Dotty,
Do you know if Solomon died in MN? I looked again but didn't find anything else on him. I did find a child which might belong somewhere to this family; there is a Sylvia Crisp born 1889 in MN whose mothers maiden name is Daily. She died in 1904 in Nicollet, MN. Do you know who she belongs to?
Janet
per page

Find a board about a specific topic