Search for content in message boards

Harvey/Malone

Replies: 13

Re: Harvey/Malone

candice malone cobb (View posts)
Posted: 17 Jun 2003 7:27AM GMT
Classification: Query
wow! thanks for all the information. i can't say that i have any documented sources. my knowledge of my ancestors has come from family. i think your info is in fact about my ggggggrandfather. especially when you mentioned zachariah casteel -- there are 3 or 4 instances of malones marrying casteels -- and, my ggggrandparents, william malone and mary (polly) west are buried in Malone cemetery on Casteel farm in ottway, greene county, tennessee.

making a short weekend trek in mid july to east tennessee. hope to find the cemetery of william and mary. if you need any info on on the line containing john malone sr, john malone jr., william malone, levi malone, thomas daniel malone, george lee malone, herbert lee malone (my dad) i'd be happy to share what i know -- again, not really documented but pieced together information (although i do think that my parents' family bible has levi malone listed as my dad's ggrandfather.

thomas daniel malone, i believe, tried to single handedly populate north east tennessee (no tv back then) he and first wife, margaret woods had 8 children. he and second wife, caroline murdock, had 10 children -- i'm descended from the second tribe. majority of first batch of kids migrated toward texas -- 2nd batch stayed in east tennessee (most recently jefferson city, tennessee)

thank you so much, again, for the wealth of information! wish i could retire and just work on this stuff -- very interesting.

do you know where the first malone (of the john melone sr line) came from and when? i don't know anything before john sr.
SubjectAuthorDate Posted
candice malone cobb 17 Jun 2003 1:27PM GMT 
keithjackson 17 Jun 2003 9:26PM GMT 
candice malone cobb 18 Jun 2003 1:20PM GMT 
JoyMalone58 13 Jul 2003 4:49PM GMT 
per page

Find a board about a specific topic