Search for content in message boards

Donald S. Yancey

Replies: 0

Donald S. Yancey

Posted: 1060145175000
Classification: Biography
DONALD S. YANCEY
Born February 29, 1924 in Prineville, the third and youngest child of ORVILLE and AUDREY YANCEY. I attended schools in Prineville and seved three years in the U. S. Naval Construction battalion during World War II.

Married BAULINE R. RAWLINS in Prineville on March 15, 1947. To this union were born three sons: PAUL DONALD, born May 6, 1949; STEVEN GRANT, born March 9, 1952 and RICHARD DAN, born August 2, 1955.

We purchased the Prineville Packing Company in 1947 and operated the business until 1955 when it was sold and we purchased the Dry Creek Ranch. In 1964, with our oldest son approaching high school age, we sold the ranch and moved to a small acreage on McKay Road. At this time I went to work for a Real Estate investment company with large holdings in Central Oregon. They sold out in 1967 and I then went to work for the U. S. National Bank of Oregon as an Agricultural Field Representative. I am currently employed by the Juniper Banking Company, an independent bank in Madras, Oregon.

PAUL, the oldest son, was married to WANDA WOOD in Prineville in 1968. They now live in Redmond and have three chldren: KIMBERLY, born September 3, 1972; STEVEN, born January 24, 1976 and SARAH, born April 18, 1978. WANDA works as a part-time bookkeeper and PAUL is employed by Central Electric Co-operative as a lineman.

STEPHEN, the middle son, married SHARRON McCALL and have two children; CHAD born June 11, 1969 and RITA born June 17, 1973. STEVE and SHARRON own Cement Products in Redmond, where they manufacture pumice building blocks and unbaked fine brick.

DICK, the youngest son, married PAT HAYCRAFT and they have three children: DAVID, born June 17, 1970; TAMI, born February 25, 1973 and DONALD, born August 25, 1979. They have purchased Cements Products from STEVE and SHARRON and are to take possession January 1, 1981.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
History of Crook County published by the Crook County Historical Society in 1981.

Find a board about a specific topic