Search for content in message boards

Lost trying to find a Weiser/Wiser family...

Replies: 0

Lost trying to find a Weiser/Wiser family...

Posted: 21 Nov 2011 9:06PM GMT
Classification: Query
My mother, who is deceased, was adopted in 1949 in California. My grandparents, who adopted her, knew of the family she came from and I have a framed newspaper clipping from June, 1951 of my blood grandfather, John Wisor with his daughter, Margaret Wisor who is 3 in the article. This was in Vallejo, California. Later in life we met my real grandmother and at least one aunt (maybe Margaret?), and her sons, when I was 7-8. Also I know that sometime in the last 7-15 years my mom showed me an obituary for her father, he had died in a vets home in Yountville, CA. I have been looking for days and days. I would like to see if I have any family because my moms adopted family and my father and his family are all gone now...I am 40. I can hire someone online for 300 dollars but I just do not have it now. Also, I have been looking under both spellings, I have a feeling the newspaper may have spelled it wrong, but not sure. Can anyone give me any tips? I have tried all the obvious and not so obvious in the many, many hours I have been searching,
Thanks.

Find a board about a specific topic