Search for content in message boards

Wyatt Wallis

Replies: 0

Wyatt Wallis

Posted: 1517347692000
Classification: Query
Surnames: Wallis Wallace
I have been searching and searching for the parents and history of a Wyatt Wallis/Wallace born in Halifax County VA around 1795-1797. Married Elizabeth Lucy Crider abt 1823 in Pittsylvania Co, VA, 4 children, and died in Callands, Pittsylvania Co. VA in 1880. I can't find a trace of his origins or family, no burial spot, nothing of his life in Pittsylvania. Supposition of mine is since the Crider and Berger families were in Pittsylvania it was a safety net for him to stay nearby, but I want to know where/when his family came from. Has anyone come across this line? Later males are named John Wesley, John W, William Wyatt, and several James' as well. Their first two children were born the same year (may be twins?), Mary Ann (Wallis) McCrickard, and James. James was a special needs child, and in his mother's care all his life, until he passed in 1870. Mary Ann's family I have found and they are buried in the Crider Berger cemetery near Callands. The later family tracks to Hickory NC, and no one has any ideas or names stored or recorded for anyone. No vital records show him, only a typed up listing for marriage license, with only their names and the date, no originals from 1823 to show who his parents might have been. HELP! Many thanks for any and all thoughts or suggestions, I have tried other avenues, and found such a lovely history of the Crider and Berger families in the county, but the Wallis Branch was not mentioned.

Find a board about a specific topic