Search for content in message boards

Roy Wakefield & Loretta Louise Nelson

Replies: 0

Roy Wakefield & Loretta Louise Nelson

Posted: 1465236466000
Classification: Query
Surnames: Wakefield, Tull, Nelson
My mother was Susan Wakefield. She listed her parents as Roy Wakefield and Loretta Nelson. They are all from St. Charles, Jefferson City or Lebanon area. My mother was taken from her parents and put in a foster home and possibly adopted. We don't know if Roy and Loretta are biological or adopted BUT my dad met Loretta before he married my mother and he said Loretta was her biological mother and she was Sioux Indian. Loretta told him she was, looked Native American and had talked about her life as a child on the reservation.

My mother was taken by the state and placed in a catholic boarding school as many native children where back then. Loretta married a Nelson according to some family members. I was told I was named Theresa after her foster mother. My half brother told me Loretta died around 1983 in Missouri. So far I can't find a Roy and Loretta Louise Nelson or Wakefield anywhere together. And I can't find a Loretta Nelson or Wakefield that was Natice American. I fear I may never locate my maternal family as I have been searching my since 1975. Sadly all have passed away except my father and his memory isn't good. Even my half brother passed ate age 33.

Find a board about a specific topic