Search for content in message boards

Thomas Wakefield, b 1757, m Elizabeth Morton, father is John Morton, not the signer

Replies: 0

Thomas Wakefield, b 1757, m Elizabeth Morton, father is John Morton, not the signer

Posted: 1463031095000
Classification: Query
Surnames: Wakefield, Morton
I see where many trees in ancestry still list the signer as Elizabeth's father and it is not correct. Especially when you list her birthplace as Ireland!!! And the daughter of John and Anne Justus Morton NEVER married and I also have it confirmed by the Constitution Society for Descendants that our Elizabeth Morton is not his daughter Elizabeth!
According to the American Rev Soldiers of Franklin County and the info for Thomas Wakefield it lists the his spouse Elizabeth Morton "probably was from Bedford, Penna" Available on ancestry.
If you like at the Pennsylvania, Tax and Exoneration, 1768-1801, you will find tax records for John Morton IN Bedford, County. Available on ancestry.
You can also find records for this John Morton in Pennsylvania, Wills and Probate Records, 1683-1993. Probate date 15 Jun 1781 Bedford, Pennslvania. Available on ancestry.
I have some other records for this connection and I believe this is Elizabeth's father. coetting

Find a board about a specific topic