Search for content in message boards

Searching for leads to Biological Father

Replies: 0

Searching for leads to Biological Father

Posted: 1531171993000
Classification: Query
Surnames: Taylor, Thompson, Pannell
I've made this account for my grandmother. She is 83 years old and never knew who her father was. Her mother refused to tell her and has since passed away, taking the secret to the grave with her. I would really like to be able to find out who he was for my grandmother. I know its a long shot, but I'm searching for anyone at all that could help me. Here is what I know:

My grandmother's birth name is MARIE ANN TAYLOR. Her birth date is 10 DEC 1934.

Her mother's maiden name was AMANDA LOUISE TAYLOR. Her married name was PANNELL. She mostly went by LOUISE. Her birth date was 2 JUL 1913.

They lived in Newbern, Dyer County, Tennessee. I have a copy of my grandmother's birth certificate and on the father line, my great-grandmother had written "illegitimate".

My grandmother's step-grandmother supposedly had told her she suspected he was a man named BELL THOMPSON (or any spelling variation of that name). I don't know how accurate this information this is. I wasn't able to find a whole lot of information to go on from this to be confident... I have also done a search of the surname Thompson in my DNA matches and didn't find any :(

My grandmother is currently the oldest living relative we have in the family, so anyone that may have known the secret has most likely also passed away. She's taken the DNA test and we're waiting for the results. At this point I have no idea if the father even knew about my grandmother or if he did but didn't want anything to do with her, or maybe he did but my great-grandmother refused to let him, but I do know that Newbern is a very small town so hopefully someone knows something! Maybe even just childhood friends that heard rumors that could point me in a direction?

We also don't know WHY my great-grandmother wouldn't tell my grandmother. My great-uncle tried to get her to and her response was "She don't need to know." So I'm not sure if its because she herself wasn't sure who he was, if maybe she was assaulted and didn't want to acknowledge him, if he was a criminal and she was embarrassed, if he was a lot older or younger than she was, or maybe he was married at the time?

Anything is a possibility! Thanks y'all!

Find a board about a specific topic