Search for content in message boards

Jacob Taylor who married Nancy Smoot in Fleming KY 1812

Replies: 0

Jacob Taylor who married Nancy Smoot in Fleming KY 1812

Posted: 1529613103000
Classification: Marriage
Surnames: Taylor, Smoot
There is much confusion regarding this Jacob Taylor and Nancy Smoot who were married in Fleming county, KY in 1812. Someone along the way assumed that this Jacob was the same Jacob Taylor, Sr. who was married to Milla/Millie Stanley/Standley and died in Lucas county, IA – she 1866, he in 1874. To my knowledge there is absolutely no evidence that these two Jacobs are the same person or that Nancy Smoot is the same person as Millie Taylor. I would be delighted if anyone has any sources to prove otherwise.

Jacob and Millie are my 2nd great grandparents, thru Jonathan Mayfield Taylor. Source of her maiden name was her youngest son, George Taylor.

Milla/Millie Stanley Taylor was born in NC, Nov 14, 1790. Her dob is calculated from her age clearly inscribed on her cemetery marker, 75 y, 2 m, 12 d. She was the daughter of Jesse Stanley/Standley. The confusion regarding these two women comes from the fact that a Jacob Taylor married a Nancy Smoot in 1812, Fleming County, KY. To date I have no evidence that my gg grandfather, Jacob Taylor, Sr. ever lived in Fleming county, although a Jacob Taylor did reside in that county from 1812-1815 according to tax lists. It is possible that Jacob Taylor, husband of Millie Stanley was also the husband of Nancy Smoot, but this is entirely conjecture unless someone out there has some evidence to support the claim.

Jacob, Sr and Millie Taylor were living in Hardin county, KY in the 1820s, where several of their children were born. In 1827 Jacob was the administrator of Jesse Stanley's probate. I have found no evidence to date that Jacob had a prior marriage, although it is a possibility. Jacob Sr moved his family to Fountain County IN abt 1830 and to IA after 1850.

Find a board about a specific topic