Search for content in message boards

Swales in Yorkshire and Hartlepool

Replies: 20

Re: Swales in Yorkshire and Hartlepool

Posted: 1362755358000
Classification: Query
Hi Tony and John
From the information I have I can see that you come down the line of Hannibal Swales m Hannah Hall, Francis 1783 m Christiana Stephenson, John 1806 m Lavinia Busfield, Francis 1830 m Christiana Stephenson, James 1860.

My line is Hannibal Swales m Hannah Hall,Francis 1783 m Christiana Stephenson, JAMES 1817 (your John of 1806 brother) m Jane Stephenson, John 1854 Thornaby m Elizabeth Burgon and settled in Hartlepool.

So we are related in one way or another!

I would love to find out more about your side of the family, the gypsy connections etc. I'm based in the Midlands so can't easily pop to see you but my email is emma.swales@btinternet.com. I will also try to call you Tony.

I know through others on Ancestry that Hannibal Swales had connections in Thornton in Lonsdale and ultimatelty Clitheroe - his daughter married a man over there whose mother was a Swales! But I cannot find where he was born or who is parents were. Therefore I am back to about 1750 with some links and clues to about 1710. Would you be prepared to share your information back to 1619 Tony?

Look forward to hearing back from you. Thanks Emma
SubjectAuthorDate Posted
emmaswales 1362755358000 
per page

Find a board about a specific topic